“Very noisy and inconsiderate guests.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Jurys Inn Brighton

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very noisy and inconsiderate guests.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here on the 1st May as I had an interview at the Medical School on the 2nd. The location was perfect and the room was tidy.
Unfortunately, I was unable to get any sleep at all before my interview as people were running outside my room and shouting. This was not the preparation I wanted for my interview. I brought this to the attention of the reception and was told that everyone on my floor had complained and were kept up all night. This was an appalling revelation. The noise levels were under the control of the staff, they could have asked the 'guests' to be quiet.
Overall, I would not book this hotel again. Especially if you need a good night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2012
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Elindsay1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to read that your night’s sleep was disturbed by inconsiderate guests returning late at night. We have a very active security presence and unfortunately they did not address the noise level on time made by a particular group returning in the early hours. I do sincerely apologise for this and would like to make amends. If you could contact me directly on the email below, we can discuss the matter further.
Kind regards
Damien Doyle
damien_doyle@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a couple for reasonable rate through hotels.com big Buffett breakfast included. Easy to park or train but the parking is about £20 for 24hrs.

Bed and room were clean and comfortable - shame there wasn't a bath as I came straight from playing football and would have liked a soak!

• Stayed March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ive just come back from a weekend in Brighton, i stayed in this hotel with 2 other girls. We had a great time in Brighton. The hotel was located behind the train station which we found easy.
The check in was fast and the hotel staff where helpful. Hotel room was a triple room and was nice, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lindsay s
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel was clean and efficient and I thought it was fine until I went to bed! The pillows were like bricks. Solid foam that just didn't mould to the shape of your head. I awoke with a very stiff neck and pounding headache.
The breakfast was fine but it was lukewarm and unexciting.
I don't think I would stay here again even if it was convenient

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear kate M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to read you felt our pillows were not comfortable. Our research shows that guests like a choice of both firm and medium pillows. We offer both types in our bedroom’s which is advertised on the card beside your bed. You may have overlooked this during your stay.
Kind regards
Damien Doyle
abu dhabi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Location near the railway line - OK if you have to catch at train. Tried the bath and foul grey/black stuff came out of the taps. The only saving grace was the lovely manageress who personally came and tried to clean all the grot in the bathtub. This issue was resolved, but after probably two hours of my time. The hotel itself has no character, the people on reception weren't over-friendly and it seems to be a hotel for those who are on a hen weekend (or similar). Nothing stylish at all and very Essex - (I am from Essex btw! so this is not a regional/racist comment - but the worst aspect of 'Essexness'.)

You can get much nicer hotels for less and in a better location. Don't stay there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Jurys Inn Brighton during pride weekend last year and the only slight irritant about it is that it is a taxi journey to and from most of the clubs. However this does mean it is not as noisy as some hotels on the front. I also found during the morning when laying in I was not disturbed by the rail station which my room faced. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and the reception team were very helpful in assisting me track down a phone lost on a night out. The rooms are functional and clean and have everything you would expect of a mid range hotel, I was concerned on arrival that there was no iron for my shirts however a call to reception and there was one in my room within 5 minutes which remained there the whole weekend which saved a nightly call. To have this level of service and value during what is one of the busiest weekends of the year in Brighton was truly amazing. I am a regular visitor to Brighton and the Jurys Inn is now the first hotel I check for availability and I will have no hesitation in booking it for a large party for pride this year.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank hellz2k7
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spent a night here in January and found the room very comfortable. It's location is ideal for exploring the town and is within easy walking distance of the lanes and the pier. Although there was some confusion when we booked in - they asked for ID when my partner went in to book the room but with me they didn't ask for any - I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple