“Pillows like a brick!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Pillows like a brick!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel was clean and efficient and I thought it was fine until I went to bed! The pillows were like bricks. Solid foam that just didn't mould to the shape of your head. I awoke with a very stiff neck and pounding headache.
The breakfast was fine but it was lukewarm and unexciting.
I don't think I would stay here again even if it was convenient

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear kate M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to read you felt our pillows were not comfortable. Our research shows that guests like a choice of both firm and medium pillows. We offer both types in our bedroom’s which is advertised on the card beside your bed. You may have overlooked this during your stay.
Kind regards
Damien Doyle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Greek first
abu dhabi
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Location near the railway line - OK if you have to catch at train. Tried the bath and foul grey/black stuff came out of the taps. The only saving grace was the lovely manageress who personally came and tried to clean all the grot in the bathtub. This issue was resolved, but after probably two hours of my time. The hotel itself has no character, the people on reception weren't over-friendly and it seems to be a hotel for those who are on a hen weekend (or similar). Nothing stylish at all and very Essex - (I am from Essex btw! so this is not a regional/racist comment - but the worst aspect of 'Essexness'.)

You can get much nicer hotels for less and in a better location. Don't stay there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
perth
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Jurys Inn Brighton during pride weekend last year and the only slight irritant about it is that it is a taxi journey to and from most of the clubs. However this does mean it is not as noisy as some hotels on the front. I also found during the morning when laying in I was not disturbed by the rail station which my room faced. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and the reception team were very helpful in assisting me track down a phone lost on a night out. The rooms are functional and clean and have everything you would expect of a mid range hotel, I was concerned on arrival that there was no iron for my shirts however a call to reception and there was one in my room within 5 minutes which remained there the whole weekend which saved a nightly call. To have this level of service and value during what is one of the busiest weekends of the year in Brighton was truly amazing. I am a regular visitor to Brighton and the Jurys Inn is now the first hotel I check for availability and I will have no hesitation in booking it for a large party for pride this year.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank hellz2k7
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spent a night here in January and found the room very comfortable. It's location is ideal for exploring the town and is within easy walking distance of the lanes and the pier. Although there was some confusion when we booked in - they asked for ID when my partner went in to book the room but with me they didn't ask for any - I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle C
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Jurys Inn was fine,hotel staff good,big let down was the temperature,although I was told
it was set at 24deg I do not think the staff knows what 24deg is ,in old money that is about
75deg i doubt it was above 60deg in all public areas, and the hotel rooms,we had two evening
meals in the restaurant and on both occasions it was freezing, and to rub salt into the wound
various items were not available( due to lack of gas? ) strange answer from staff.Still would
I stay there again yes but when it is warmer and less of a drain on the gas.

R V Simpson

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear roy0214
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We did have an unfortunate incident with a gas value failing during your stay which did genuinely account for some of our restaurant items not being available. In regards to the restaurant not being warm enough during your meals, I do apologise. This is not related to the gas issue as mentioned. Please contact me at the email address below when returning to Brighton and be assured, you will be well looked after.
Kind regards
Damien Doyle
damien_doyle@jurysinns.com
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick and efficient. Room was switched to a twin room without question. Room was very large, beds were very comfortable. Normal amenities were in room. We were 1 bath towel short but no big deal. There was a problem with getting chips over the weekend. Problem with gas I think. But that was explained to us once problem arose. Breakfast was very sufficent, and you could have as much as possible for £10. A lot of hens and stags ( I was part of one) staying so may only suit certain individuals. But overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Morganirl
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thoroughly recommend this hotel as it has a great location being bang on the station and an easy walk to shops, pubs and restaurants etc. The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet, with a large single and king size. Make sure you read the instructions for the heating! The only criticism my girlfriend found was the hair drier wasn't up to scratch but she's a bit of a princess lol !! Also they serve a great breakfast buffet which sets you up for the day.

• Stayed February 2013