“Very pleasant place and decent value.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Very Italian Pizza

Very Italian Pizza
Ranked #20 of 1,111 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant place and decent value.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The good things about this place is that service is rapid and smiley, the decor is cheerful trattoria style and the prices are modest enough. My only caveat is that both my wife and I thought the pizzas were seriously lacking in flavour and oomph. A side salad was good and provided more flavour than the pizzas. The tales are on the small side so you couldn't fit a bottle of water and two glasses on them in addition to wine or beer.
There are plenty of Italians eating there and they have a take away deli offer.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing freshly made pizza! Best in Brighton”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Brighton is littered with chain Italian restaurants so its nice to see a independent restaurant! Lovely and clean, friendly service and the pizza is just amazing! I won't go anywhere else now when eating in town.

• Visited July 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“An authentic in Brighton which is great value”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I hav been to VIP a number of times, and have found the pizza to be unusually good and authentic. They have lots of different toppings, so cater to all tastes! The pizzas are very big - so make sure you are hungry - though they are very happy if you choose to share a pizza or take some home in a doggy bag. Most of the staff are incredibly friendly! I have never had the pasta, though will have to try it next time.
I would not order a pizza to pick up and take away - the do not seem to put the same love and attention in to the pizzas we ordered to eat at home. They were squashed, a little sloppy and one was missing toppings.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious and authentic”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We passed VIP while staying nearby, and decided to dine- so glad we did! Such authentic meals and great atmosphere. Delicious!! Will be going again.

Winchester, UK
“What a find!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were just passing the entrance to this during a very busy day in Brighton and as I hadn't noticed it before (it has only been open a few months) I poked my nose through to take a look (and a sniff). It smelled and looked great, so after we had seen our friends complete the London-Brighton bike ride four of us went back to check it out properly. We had planned something a little more upmarket for the day (it was Father's Day, after all) but this place looked intriguing.

We weren't disappointed - we ordered some antipasti, far too much, actually, even though we thought we were being modest (the portions are generous). The standout here was the home-made arancino - thank goodness we didn't order 2! One between four of us was ample; I could have eaten (much) more but wouldn't have been able to start my main course, let alone finish it. We did, however, order two more to go when leaving.

Prices are really good and I hope they stay that way even as it becomes more popular. It certainly deserves to be much more busy than it was while we were there - it wasn't empty but it should have been packed, based on the quality and price of the food. Two of us had pizza, which were enormous, I had gnocchi and the other diner had home-made sciallatelli with a porcini sauce. The pasta was perfectly al-dente which is less easy with fresh pasta and really good. Gnocchi was also good, but not up to the standards of the other three dishes - luckily nobody could finish and so I got to taste them all.

The bill for four of us including drinks was an unbelievable £59 but on top of that we left with armsfull of their produce from the deli counter - scamorza and mozzarella di buffola from their own farm near Sorrento all at good prices. Chatting to the owner, we found him brimming with passion for his food and justly proud of the quality of his produce.

So I think you can tell we were pleased and impressed. Real Italian style and quality at a budget price!

• Visited June 2014