“Very impressed - will eat again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #387 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
“Very impressed - will eat again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

It is really good to now have a reliable, tasty Thai takeaway in Brighton. So good we had two meals in two days! !

• Visited August 2014

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Finally a great local thai that delivers! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Living up near the race course, there aren't many thai restaurants close to us. We used to frequently visit Sopar Thai in Kemptown to eat there and to collect takeaway but sadly they wound the business up and sold the premises.. Then we moved over to Sawadee Thai in kemptown which is also very good but also does not offer delivery on take away orders! We thought we'd try Bua Thai as we'd got a flyer that came through the door, and we were both really impressed with the quality of the food, the portion sizes, the flavours etc, it's right up there with our previous favourites if not better on some dishes! Spicy beef salad is awesome, som tam salad is awesome, i couldn't really nit pick any of the dishes we've had so far. Pretty sure it's a new business so message to the owner would be: you're doing it right, stick with it and don't let standards slip as business gets busier (and I'm sure it's going to!)

Brighton
“Really nice little Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Ate here for the first time last night.

It's essentially a take-away with a few tables, but that needn't put anyone off, if, like me, you like a plain setting where the money has been spent on the food rather than expensive decor. It's clean and simple, with plenty of light and perfectly comfortable seating.

The food was lovely; tasting freshly made and full of interesting flavours without being overwhelmed by any one of them. Quantities were also good, though I suspect that some people might want to order an extra rice. I have a good appetite, and my experience was that I'd had a thoroughly enjoyable meal in a pleasant setting, and left feeling well fed but not stuffed.

They're not licensed, but they do sell coconut juice which is interesting and different. Not sure whether they can let customers come in with their own drinks. I rather enjoy occasional meals without alcohol; it's certainly a way to appreciate better the flavour of the food.

And, last but by no means least, the staff are very friendly. When they asked whether everything was OK I got the feeling that they were genuinely interested in the reply.

If I only give four stars, then that's because to earn five stars in my book a restaurant - even a cheap one - has to have a sense of occasion which is peculiarly rare and special. Bua Thai comes close, but not quite.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brighton
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I've ordered and eaten in here 4 or 5 times now . Nice little family run run thai restaurant and takeaway. Food taste carefully made and fresh and portions are large. My new favorite, definately recommend!

• Visited July 2014
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Best Thai Take away EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I ordered from here for the first time when I had my Mum and very fussy step Dad over for the evening. Even he said it was the best Thai he had ever had (outside of Thailand). The food was delivered hot and tasted really fresh. It was absolutely delicious. Will without a doubt order from here again and cannot recommend it highly enough. Satay Chicken on Skewers, Prawn Crackers and massaman curry were by far my personal favourite....and what we didnt manage to eat we had for breakfast!!!! 10/10.

• Visited June 2014