“The best B&B I've stayed in”

and 1 more site!
The Griffin Guest House
Ranked #21 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked to stay here based solely on the reviews from Trip Advisor, and I was not disappointed. The guys that run the hotel were very friendly and didn't mind that we had turned up earlier than planned. They helped us with parking and gave us some tips on where to dine and where to visit. We stayed in room 6 and it was perfect. The breakfast the next morning was delightful and was very well presented. All in all this is the nicest B&B I've visited and is exceptional value for money.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan O

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 night midweek stay at the Griffin Hotel in Brighton. Situated just off the sea front and close to the Brighton Wheel, the Griffin is a boutique hotel run by Kieran and Chris. Our welcome was very friendly and we were given a map and advised on key places to visit in town.
We stayed in Room 4 which has a four poster bed and large whirlpool bath. The room was clean and well equipped, including DAB radio and docking station, free Wi-Fi, TV with DVD and a selection of DVDs to choose from. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in a well-equipped mini-kitchen and seating area conveniently located to our room.
Breakfast is certainly treated as the most important meal of the day by the hosts. Both meat eaters and vegetarians are more than adequately provided for by the imaginative menu. For instance, ‘Bacons and eggs on toast’ was served with avocado, orange slices, berries and potatoes with maple syrup if you so desired. The ‘special’ on our second day was a heavenly creation of pancakes, bacon, scrambled egg, bananas and strawberries.
We have no hesitation recommending the Griffin. The combination of friendly hosts, delightful rooms and marvellous breakfasts adds up to us wanting to return again – and soon!

1  Thank clairebrunning
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Out of all the accommodation available in Brighton im so glad we picked the Griffin. It was in an excellent position central for everything. Keiran and Chris were very welcoming, so helpful and knew everything we asked them and were good fun.The room was great, nice and clean and loved the handy conservatory with its tea and coffee station, we did wonder when we saw ear plugs were provided but they were not needed. Not forgetting the impressive breakfasts. All in all we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, which was quiet obviously we didnt have people walking past
1  Thank tracey y
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Sorry that this review is a little late.

For my boyfriends birthday i booked us into The Griffin Guest House for one night mid-week.
Having looked through the photos, i had chosen room 10, which, if you like baths, is FAB!
Brighton was miserable, wet, snowy and down right cold, but my boyfriend and I were more than happy to stay in the B&B during the day.

When we arrived we were welcomes, and althougb it was only 11am, the room was already ready so that we could drop off our stuff, and head to The Lanes and seafront.

Because there was a tv, and music dock, we were well entertained, and the abundance of nice biscuits and tea and coffee downstairs cetainly helped.

The bed was fantastiuc, with a very good matress, beautiful sheets, and nice pillows. One of the most comfortable beds. My only down side to the room, is that the bathroom area(toilet, sink) has a glass door to which doesnt shut fully and there is no lock. If you like your privacy....it isnt ideal.

The situation of the B&B is great if you want to be close to everything, but close specifically to nice restaurants, and cosy little bars. Would recommend 'The Black Dove' and 'Pommegranate' as both are close, and are very good at what they do.

Room Tip: Room 10 if you love baths, hig ceilings and exposed brickwork will be the one for you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

For my wife's birthday we stayed at The Griffin - A lovely guest house in Brighton run by Chris and Keiran. A very comfortable room with large bath and plenty of room. A large comfy sleigh bed and a view of the Brighton wheel from the window. Easy position to visit everywhere, Kieran recommended some fantastic restaurants and we had a most enjoyable 5* couple of days.
The breakfasts were amazing - freshly prepared in front of you by Chris. Everything was there for a perfect hideaway relaxing weekend. We wouldn't change a thing - and we have already booked for next year!

1  Thank SimonGranvilleJones
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This guest house is by far the best guest house I have stayed in. Firstly the location is superb (short walk to pier and bars etc) Customer service is genuinely excellent and they couldn't do enough for you. They are EXACTLY like they are on the website.

I stayed here with 7 others as our good friend was running her 1st of two marathons. My self and another friend has the party shower room which again was superb! He is coming back in September he was that impressed and I hope to soon too. The others had a double rooms with the large jacuzzi bath tub and some had basic double which was still very nice.

Breakfast was also very nice and I also enjoyed the upstairs conservatory which you can help yourself to hot drinks.

If you are going to stay in Brighton you will not be disappointed if you stay here.

I really hope this guest house is ranked #1 soon!

From Hallards Glasgow Marathon Gang !! GHT& Team Tracy xx

Room Tip: If you need privacy probably dont book party shower or Jacuzzi bath - however they are fantastic roo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank thesundancegirl
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Can't believe I didn't review this earlier, we actually stayed in March 2012. We were in one of the biggest rooms at the top which had a massive jacuzzi bath in the room - loved it. I loved the decor of the room and it was by far the comfiest bed I have ever slept in! The weather in Brighton wasn't great the weekend we went but staying here made it amazing. Nice location, you can see the wheel as soon as you step outside & there's a nice little Italian next door. The owners are lovely and the breakfast is absolutely beautiful! I would definitely recommend this place and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Brighton :).

• Stayed: May 2012