“Good addition”

Alcampo Lounge
Ranked #471 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alcampo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Good addition”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Good addition to the area. Great atmosphere but average food. Good wine selection but they do not serve 250ml glasses. Good pint selection and lovely coffees.

• Visited June 2014
Andy F, General Manager at Alcampo Lounge, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hi Daleinhove,
Thanks for taking the time in leaving us a review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us although you feel the food needed improving? I'd love to hear from you so you can give me more details and feedback in terms of what dishes you chose that evening so we can see what we can do to improve. We hope to see you again in the not so distant future and I am sure we can redeem ourselves.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Perth, Australia
“This is a must to visit - great meal!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal at Alcampo's tonight. The ambiance, meal and staff was excellent. Visiting England passing through Brighton.
From Perth western Australia

• Visited July 2014
Hi 684john,
Thanks so much for your review. It was a pleasure talking to you the night you came in and I'm extremely grateful to you for taking the time in leaving your feedback for us. Hope you enjoy the rest of the UK and we hope to see you again in the future!
Hemel Hempstead
“Wonderful brekkie!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We walked past this "new" place a few weeks ago when visiting "Sunny" Brighton and thought it looked welcoming even though it was shut!! Yesterday we decided to try breakfast here as we were getting fed up with disappointing breakfasts at other establishments in the City. Here we were NOT disappointed! Excellent, very friendly service and the breakfast itself couldn't be faulted. Lovely tasty ingredients and ALL well cooked. Well done to all concerned - see you on our next visit for sure.

Visited June 2014
Andy F, General Manager at Alcampo Lounge, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hi PaulE,
Thanks for taking the time in leaving us a review. The team & myself are extremely happy that you came and enjoyed our Breakfast offering and then took the time to let us & everyone else how much you enjoyed it! Always nice to hear positive feedback and I hope you'll be back to try us out again? Maybe for Lunch or Dinner next time?
Thanks again.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“the test will come tomorrow...”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had coffee here a few times - and the service is good - but a bit confusing as to whether you order at the bar or if it's table service (probably me not reading the signs properly). On my first visit the cake was pushed a bit too heavily (over exuberance on the part of the staff..) and well it wasn't bad - but didn't warrant the hard sell. Atmosphere good - tomorrow my partner wants to come here for her birthday meal (with our two teenage kids). Last year's visit to Jamie Oliver's was pretty poor (both service and food were average) so we'll see how Alcampo measures up...

• Visited May 2014
Andy F, General Manager at Alcampo Lounge, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hi livingthedreametc,
Thanks for taking the time in leaving us a review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We are a bar service café/bar and you're correct this is stated on the menu's but can be easily missed so we try, where we can, to make our guests aware of this upon sitting down. Sorry if you felt a "hard sell" in terms of the cake. It's not how I train the team, more to "just to ask the question".
I am eager to hear how your partners birthday meal went so please feel free to get them to write another review or to contact us directly as all feedback is needed for success.
We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon and thanks once again for leaving us your feedback.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Worth going , In the words of Arnie .. Ill be back!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Popped in on my lunch break for a beer and burger and must say I was very impressed. Friendly staff , burger came pretty quick and was really nice. Must admit I walked passed before and was confused and wasn't quite sure if its a restaurant or pub but suppose you could say its a pub that serves food ( and has seats :)
Haven't tried the other ones in brighton and hove but assume they all have the same menu which has quite a choice so fingers crossed my next visit ( and meal choice ) will be as good as my first! Am happy I tried it for sure

• Visited June 2014
Hi Matt208,
Thanks so much for taking the time in leaving us a review. Very happy to hear you loved the lounge and the food that we offer. It's always refreshing to hear feedback when our guests end up just "getting" what it is we are aiming to deliver.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do try out our other 2 lounges in Brighton as I am sure you will be as equally satisfied.
Thanks again for your feedback.