“Highly recommend”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just spent two fantastic nights at this hotel. Have been to Brighton many times on day trips with our children but thought we would come for a weekend and spend some time away from the pier and amusements! As this is a rare treat we spent a lot of time choosing our hotel and this certainly did not disappoint. From the minute we walked in we were made to feel so welcome and comfortable. The décor is amazing - they have created the right balance between old and new. We had the Guala room which was spacious, light and very comfortable. There is a very well stocked bar and would highly recommend the cocktails - The Brighton Rock was fab and not overpriced. Fantastic breakfast as well. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had booked the private car part just a short walk away and the owner of this was also very helpful and our car was safe. All in all, couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough - would definitely return.

4 Thank Alicia67_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
lewes
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at this wonderfull hotel;we stayed in the Belieze room and it was lovely,it has a big jacuzzi and a sauna and the Bed is very comefertable . Paul and all the staff were excellent and very helpfull,if it was possible i would give the hotel Una a 6 star rating,this hotel has it all relaxed,fun,great rooms,great staff .we would like to thank all at the Una for a great stay.

Room Tip: Belieze is a great room
5 Thank billmarylewes
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Sorry for the hopeless pun. It’s probably as I am overcome with joy at how lovely this hotel was!

I was here on business when working at the Brighton Centre for three days. Firstly, the hotel was the ideal location as just five minutes’ walk from the centre itself and situated on a lovely green square that made me feel like I was enjoying a mini-break, even whilst having to work all day!

I was staying in the room “Santana” and it was fabulous – it very much felt like I was in my own flat. I had two beautiful bathrooms and my own sitting room which was great for relaxing in at the end of the day. My colleagues were spread amongst the rest of the hotel. Although I didn’t get a chance to see the rest of the rooms I only heard the most glowing reviews. Despite this hotel being fantastic for us on our work trip I should definitely note that this would be the most fabulous spot for a weekend in Brighton. The rooms are some of the plushest and most original I’ve seen in the UK, and although each has its own quirky feature it by no means feels tacky or frivolous.

The real showstoppers of the hotel for me were a) the cocktail bar b) the breakfast. Normally I’m one of those losers who has a banana and a water for breakfast but every morning I made sure I was down in time for the sensational eggs benedict , full English, and freshly baked croissants and pastries.

Yes - I had to be carried out of the hotel on a whale sling – but it was totally worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank JokeswithOakes
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have just returned from a nights stay at the UNA hotel Brighton. We viewed the hotel on line and saw that all the rooms had their own distinctive style and decided on Orinoco. The room was exactly how it was described on the website and very clean. The staff at the hotel were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel has a quaint feel around the place even down to the 80 year old original lift (the only thing that was old). Its a 10 min walk to the pier, the lanes and a full range of cuisines supplied by many restaurants . I have stayed in other hotels in Brighton before and this by far is the best. ** a must if you go to Brighton - we will be back **

4 Thank Carl W
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Beautifully decorated & a great location. The owners obviously care about their hotel. We stayed in Usk on the 4th floor, not as large or expensive as some of their rooms. Loved the freestanding bath, especially with one of their strawberry cocktails. It deserves the top spot on tripadvisor. Thank you for a memorable visit

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank scraggandboneman
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Me and my fiancé stayed in the santana room for two nights and we had a great stay! Room was very nice and clean and slightly fancy. Only a 10 minute walk from the pier and the shops are literally just round the corner. Well worth the money!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Bodbod69
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night and choose to stay in Danube as it was one of the two rooms that has a balcony. What a good choice. We were lucky and the weather was beautiful while we were there so spent a fair bit of time chilling out on the balcony with a bottle of wine watching the world go by. The room itself was lovely. It was large and light and just made me smile! Has a roll top bath near the window and a decent size walk in shower - also in the lounge, so you would only want to stay in this room with someone you are very familiar with! I love this hotel. The staff we met were fab, really friendly and helpful. The location is good, walkable from the station (ok a fair old trek but walkable with a small bag). The breakfast is superb, breakfast in bed (served in bed at no extra cost) was a real treat. Not something I would normally do in a hotel, but because the room was beautiful I couldn't tear myself away. We were able to keep our bags in the hotel for the day once we had checked out, which was really helpful. We were even shown a couple of the other rooms that were not occupied, and all the rooms are very unique. Can honestly say that I think I would be happy staying in any of them. The only slight niggles I had were the location of the kettle in the room - situated in a low cupboard and in my opinion should be higher up as it was awkward to make a cuppa without scalding yourself. Would also be nice to have some bubble bath provided with such a gorgeous bath in the room! Lovely White Company toiletries were provided though, along with bathrobes and slippers. If I want a quality hotel in Brighton again I will come straight back to Hotel Una.

3 Thank Fruity29