Hotel Una
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Restaurant
The Granville Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$100
$93
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$97
$98
$72
$64
1,031 results
All reviewsregency squaredanube roomcinema roomeden roombreakfast in bedeggs benedictboutique hotelgreat cocktailsthe underground car parklarge tvdvd playerlounge areawalk in showerlovely hotelcocktail barboth morningsfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Una for our anniversary. Some very good points to raise, and some not so good.

We stayed in Belize which is £250 per night on week nights. This being the case, I did think it is a little bit cheeky that the check in time is 3pm and check out is 11.30am leaving less than 24 hours per night in the room itself. On check in, £50 is deducted from your account as security which is absolutely fine, but should be something which is mentioned on booking.

The room itself was lovely - the bed was one of the comfiest I have slept in, the bathroom and especially shower were lovely. The sauna was good though we didn't really use it. The TV and seating area was good (though a bit of a pain there is no access to the DVD library in the room itself), the outside space looked nice and the jacuzzi was amazing. The location is really good, and the staff were generally friendly. I also really enjoyed the breakfast which was lovely.

The down side was that, given the amount paid, some of the service was not great. Room service is offered but there is no menu which makes it difficult to access. We were able to access it via WIFI (you have to phone for the password as it's not left in the room). On calling to request cocktails sent to our room, the wait was about 20 minutes per order. At one point, we called to request a cocktail to be told that they were too busy and they would call us back. Ten minutes later, we were called back and a further 20 minutes later the cocktail arrived. It's a small point, but as this hotel is supposed to be the best in Brighton and charges a fairly hefty fee for a stay in their suite rooms, I expected to be treated a little more courteously. I will say the cocktails were very nice when they did arrive.

I would return, but cautiously.

Room Tip: Belize was a lovely room.
3  Thank PPigeon
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our anniversary. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and our bed was very comfy. Great location. Close to the beach and town centre. They recommended us Italian restaurant close by and the food was great. Breakfast in the room - delivered on time and tasty. Regarding to the car park - Brighton is nightmare. But there is public car park underneath the square. Still relatively cheap for Brighton. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Zuluf
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We've stayed in many hotels in Brighton and Hotel Una deserves to be no 1. The rooms are very clean, nicely designed and have a lot of extra little touches. We stayed in room Danube which is overlooking the square and has its own private balcony. The bed is super comfy and the bath tub next to the window is a real treat. The staff is great, recommended and booked restaurant for us ( thanks Paul!) and in the morning we enjoyed our breakfast in bed ( without extra charge). The only little thing to mention is that it would have been nice if the hotel had its own restaurant! We will be back soon.

2  Thank 971juliet111
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed for two nights and were looking forward to a luxury weekend and according to the previous reviews that's what we were going to get.we were wrong.
Room was ok clean and tidy but for 235 a night it's nothing different or special than a premier inn. Bath had been painted and was chipped , the kettle and tea making facilities were dire to say the least we didn't have enough sugar for two cups of tea and had to call reception who gave us three more sachets of sugar (generous!!!) the kettle was very old looked like it was from the 60s. I went to the local costa for a cup of tea as I was gasping. Breakfast was cold both days and had lukewarm pots of coffee. Warning in bathroom telling us not to take the hand wash (tacky). Above all there was no room service menu so you have to call down to ask what they have which the reply is well what do u want ? Very odd way of working and very uncomfortable for the guest and having no clue how much things cost so that's a nice surprise at the end of your stay . This hotel is overpriced for what you get you Get.you Have to add an extra 50 fee when u arrive which you get back 8 days later if u don't have room service.just pure greed after you have paid over 500 for 2 nights . My partner was shocked to discover yellow stains inside the pillow cases. I've added photo. I will be staying in travel inn next time half the price same service . I will add that the cocktail bar is a real asset and the staff there were fantastic with amazing cocktails and the bath was huge apart from being painted and chipped.its just an over priced over rated hotel in our opinion. I'm sure some of the other rooms are probably nicer than the one we stayed in but that should reflect in the price. Disappointing

2  Thank Dottyyyy
Reviewed April 29, 2013

There are many fantastic things about this hotel: I found staff very friendly and incredibly helpful (which is always good !), the decor was really beautiful and interesting, the breakfast was very good indeed (although I do agree with a previous review that prepared fruit and more pastries would have been good) , the cocktails were fab and the location is marvellous .

Now to the less good, I feel that in the interests of being a 'boutique' hotel, the hotel is lacking in some practicalities, for example no fridge, tea and coffee facilities almost on the floor in a wooden box ( this meant almost always getting burnt by steam when making a cuppa as you had to bend over the kettle to reach it ). As previously noted the biscuits were disappointing. The bed looked amazing, however it was a little like sleeping on a futon and I felt in need of a hoist to get out of it as it was so low.

I was told that the car park was about £12 a day, this turned out to be £50 for 2 days !!!

This is an expensive hotel ( £275 a night for our room) and therefore I would have expected more. Having said all that, our stay in Brighton was amazing and I would probably return to this hotel again (might hunt around first) as the good bits were fab !

• Stayed: April 2013