“My favourite hotel ever.. Bar none..”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Expensive but as a special treat so so worth it.. We stayed in the Usk room, mainly for the gorgeous double ended bath in the living room..

The room was amazing, and staff were so so helpful. The included in the price breakfast awesome, and they delivered it to the room at exactly the time we asked for.. They even let us check out an hour later as my girlfriend flight wasn't til later.

We are going back for two nights for our aniverversay in April.. It's definitely our special place to go..

Oh and we had two of the best Long Island Ice Teas I've EVER had from the cocktail bar within the hotel.

Don't delay, it's so worth the extra money

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Bnllou
There are newer reviews for Hotel Una

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Arrived on a cold winters day, reception staff fantastic, so helpful with maps, places to go things to see etc, booked The Coal Shed restaurant for us, our room was on the 4th floor, loved the quirky lift, Usk was very cold on entry as the heating wasn't on, but once it had warmed up was very cosy. Lovely views of the seafront and the sound of the waves was lovely. Bath was in the lounge which we loved, and rainforest showerhead delivered a great shower, but the loo was teeny tiny, so very little room for manouvre, also trying to negotiate my way to my side of the bed, wacked my shins on more than one occasion, ouch!! The Royal Pavillion is a must see, takes you're breathe away, and the Lanes are full of eclectic shops, fabulous. Had lunch at Coho, scrummy.. Good nights sleep, bed comfy, bedding not as luxurious as I'd hoped for, breakfast was lovely, beautifully cooked, service was a bit haphazard though. Would stay again, but in a more spacious room.

1  Thank lovecats26
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great find, stayed for the weekend and had a fantastic time in this hotel. Photos on website are very honest...what you see is what you get and that is a wonderful room. Clean, spacious and bright with everything you need. Loved the decor in the hotel, rooms are all individual and lovely little bar downstairs with some good cocktails! Good breakfasts too delivered to the room.
Staff were all very friendly and more than willing to help with suggestions of things to do, where to eat ect ect.
All in all very good stay, would definitely go back again.

4  Thank SamanthaJ826
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place is truly something special!! The kindest and most helpful staff of any hotel I have ever stayed at. From check in to check out, my partner and I were amazed at how friendly and helpful the staff were which made our stay in Brighton even the more memorable. The value of this hotel is unprecedented.. From the location of the hotel to the presentation of the rooms, this place ticks all the boxes.
This will definitely be the only place I stay at when I am in Brighton. You HAVE to book this place when going to Brighton..It wont disappoint!!

Room Tip: All the rooms would be great!! :-)
3  Thank Blair_n_Lisa
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel following seeing its ratings so wanted to see what it was all about.
Firstly, the service by the 2 guys that were there when I arrived and then also at breakfast was really great. The decor in the restaurant and bar area is lovely and the breakfast was very good.

I stayed in room K and I'm afraid to say I was not impressed. It was ok, but very basic and to be honest very small. There was no room to really store belongings. The bathroom really was way too small, you literally couldn't swing a cat. I'm not a fat person at all (very slim actually) but I struggled to squeeze between the shower doors and when in the shower, it is difficult to actually wash. It must be the smallest shower cubicle ever. No room to put anything in the shower so when you bend down to pick toiletries up you bang your head on the door and rear end on the wall and trying to wash your hair your elbows hit the wall. The bathroom in total is way too small and no where to put anything.
The TV was also in a silly place, so you couldn't actually lie on the bed properly and watch TV.
It is a shame as I had high hopes for this hotel and stay in hotels every week throughout the south so thought it may end up being a preferred hotel in the area for me.
It would be interesting to know if all the rooms are the same or if I was just unlucky. I'm not sure if I would try the hotel again based on the rooms.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank garyward1274
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for 3 days whilst in Brighton. This is a different hotel from main stream hotels which we normal stay in. The service was exceptional and staff were very attentive to any needs. We stayed in USK which is on the top floor - great views over the square. Only negative was that the bedroom was a little tight - suggest not traveling with too much luggage. Room rate included breakfast which could be delivered to your room but we chose to eat in the dining room each morning - great view, great selection and reasonable selection of breakfast items. We recommend this hotel for those who are a bit over the big hotels and looking for a more personal approach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel - nice views over the square. If taking a lot of luggage s...
2  Thank Ronald D
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Danube for 2 nights in January.

Booking communication was very good and I secured a 8.5% discount for single occupancy. This is more rare than you would hope.

The hotel is located on historic Regency Square and the building has great windows, cornicing and features. The owners have decorated the hotel with some really stunning modern art. The bar has a great 'open fire' and cocktail menu.

The staff are all very helpful and I had several experiences of 'above and beyond'. The Blu Ray DVD library was a complementary bonus.

Breakfast was a little mixed. The cooked to order food was excellent but the selection of fruit, pastries and cereal lacked a little variety. The coffee was rich and flavourful but not really hot enough. I had a great cappuccino at the bar one night produced by a professional machine. I think they should use this at breakfast and ditch the filter coffee.

The bedroom was in a large front facing balcony room with floor to ceiling windows. It had a massive free-standing bathtub in the room, a separate rainfall shower and a cloakroom with a door.

The bed is comfy but the circular base takes up a lot of room. Add a sofa and coffee table and nighttime dashes to the loo must be done with a light on to avoid injury! The bedding and bed linen are acceptable but not luxurious. The towels and bathrobes are super. The new TV is amazing.

I wholeheartedly recommend the in room massage.

• Stayed: January 2013