“Excellent stay at a brilliant hotel in Brighton”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay at a brilliant hotel in Brighton”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

As a young couple on a first proper trip together, I was a little intimidated by staying in a well-rated boutique hotel in an area that I didn't know very well.
However, on arrival, I was made to feel very welcome by the extremely friendly and helpful staff! The room, Santana, was everything we could have asked for and more, very stylish, and fitted our every need. The i-pod speakers were a hit and used frequently; almost as much as the amazing walk-in shower in the bedroom! Comfortable and trendy bed, plenty of plug sockets for appliances, dressing-table style area suitable for getting ready, and television above the bed perfect for watching films in bed. When showing friends and family some photos of the room after our stay, the all commented on how impressed they were and how posh/stylish/great it looked.
Other than ice-skating at the Royal Pavilion, which I would highly recommend, we had nothing planned. But the staff at Una happily drew up a map for us, highlighting the best destinations and things to do, which was very helpful. Breakfast in bed was fabulous, arriving exactly when we asked and tasting delicious.
After checking out on our last day, the hotel allowed us to leave our luggage there throughout the day, ready to pick up in the evening when our train was leaving. We stayed for 2 nights/ 3 days, but it wish it could have been much longer.
Overall, an amazing stay at an excellent hotel. Brighton was wonderful despite the windy weather, and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a romantic stay. A great start to the new year!
Only one thing though; the bed was a bit too squeaky...

Room Tip: The rooms are definitely worth the price. Originally we were going to book the Usk room which was co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank HappyCustomer107

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

03/01/2013 I took my boyfriend here as a new year surprise and I was just as overwhelmed by it as he was. We are uni students (21 yrs old) and we had come into some money so it was particularly spectac but we have stayed in luxurious places before with our families and una surpassed our greatest expectations. Everything was perfect!!! Every little thing in the room/suite and the hotel put smiles on our faces. We stayed in Aragon- bed was huge and comfy, furnishings luxurious, jacuzzi huuuuuuuge, sauna rejuvenating and even the SECOND bathroom was lovely. Super clean and delicious breakfast. The staff were friendly and welcoming. DVD collection great. I also had the tastiest cocktail physically possible. Aragon is perfect for a secluded romantic break. Own little courtyard gave it a very private feel. Loved the little touches like the candles, matches and breakfast in bed. I don't think it could have been any better and I'm sure its the best place to stay in Brighton.

Room Tip: I chose aragon because it had what we wanted but all the rooms look great. I'd recommend one wit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jl1212123
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place really is something special. Every box was ticked on my two stays here. Excellent breakfast, completely unique interiors (very much worth using their website to choose the room you like best, if available), and staff that treat you with the perfect mix of friendliness and professionalism.
A fantastic bar too - which you can also go to without being a guest.
I live just round the corner from it nowadays, and whenever I have a group of friends, too many to stay at my place, I will without question be booking them into the Una.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Barilyn U
Kings Langley
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wonderful hosts who couldn't do enough for us. On our first night provided us with maps and circled the best places to eat, including a little independent italian down the road which was AMAZING (name escapes me unfortunately). The room was immaculate and breakfast was lovely, quiet and relaxed. The huge selection of obscure DVD's was a welcome way to spend one evening and the cocktails and fruit salad brought up to our room did not come with an additional room service fee! Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Flores, which was classed as a 'large double'; extremely high ceiling and king...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank musicallittlething
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

second tima at Una and just as good as last time, you can all look at the website and what the hotel has on offer and yes it's as fantastic as it looks but what you cant see is the way the staff make it feel like you are coming home at night, they are all totally dedicated to making your stay special, thank you all. Thank you guys for looking after us and the lovely upgrade and see you again next year. Happy Christmas Biddy and Arthur

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Arthur289
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

After a hectic week we caught a concert and decided to stay over in Brighton for the night. Una was the right choice. Really charming welcome and very creatively decorated. Cozy room with freestanding bath looking out over the square. Breakfast, included in the price, was excellent too. But to say it again, lovely staff. Definitely be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheSigg
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This was our second annual visit to hotel una for our wedding anniversary, last year we stayed in Eden & loved it however this year we chose Santana (at £235 per night) & felt really disappointed. Firstly the space is so cramped even though it is one of their more expensive 'king suite' rooms. The room around the bed is so tight you're inching your way round to get out. There is a shower in the corner of the bedroom which takes up a lot of space & the whole place is cramped. There are two tv's but they're not both linked to the DVD player so if you want to watch a DVD you have to sit on the sofa & can't watch it in bed.

AND - oh my goodness the floorboards are so creaky everywhere! I was woken so many times in the night by people walking past the room (not in heels or talking loudly but just the CREAKING!) and my husband visiting the loo in the night! I was shattered. We talked to the staff & they couldn't move us but said that there had been complaints before & in fact the floor above had had its floorboards fixed due to creaking!

I think this really needs addressing & although we'd like to return for our third wedding anniversary visit, I'd like the hotel to offer us some compensation & maybe a discounted room. We'll see.

• Stayed November 2012