“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Beckenham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife, baby and I stayed here for 2 nights and we went for the Quaile suite as wanted separate rooms so our baby could sleep and we could enjoy the room.
Quaile is a split level suite with a private cinema room. The room was excellent. Our only complaint is that the cinema smelt badly of stale smoke, which meant we didn't put the baby in there at night as planned, so she slept in a cot in our room.
The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful too!
We enjoyed a couple of wonderful cocktails from the bar, and got delicious pizzas delivered to our room from a local pizzeria as recommended by the hotel staff.
All in all a wonderful boutique hotel which was perfect for a special weekend break for the 3 of us.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank GST2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in the Belize room for two nights, this room has a jacuzzi and sauna. The bed is very large and comfortable, it is a very soft bed so if you prefer a firmer mattress then this room might not be for you.
The sauna is brilliant and we felt lovely and warm, perfect for a cold day! The jacuzzi takes about 20 minutes + to fill so do it as soon as you wake or get back to the room. Perhaps a room welcome pack would have been useful to explain what you needed to do to ensure you are operating everything in the room correctly.
The room and the entire hotel is clean and well presented with works of art in each room that you find yourself looking at. The bar is equally furnished well and the cocktail waiter is amazing and took so much care over our drinks, you could see he took pride in his job. Our particular cocktails cost £7.50 each.
The breakfast is fine and made to order. We felt comfortably full after we had eaten. The service was very good and everyone is friendly and courteous. They go out of their way to help, be it ordering a taxi or booking/ recommending a restaurant. (Just as a point of note, the pier is 0.8 miles/ 20 minute walk although there are lots of restaurants and shops literally across the road)
In the room itself, there isn't lot of storage, we ended up putting our bags beside our bed, there is a cupboard in the room, but this only held four items of clothing that could be hung up.
The room is beautifully decorated with a huge TV, we watched one of the films from the hotel collection. There is even a remote control to use to help save energy when you have finished using everything.
We loved staying at Hotel Una, they made our stay even more enjoyable in this great city.

1 Thank Nicholas R
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is lovely, it has a personal feel and it is really well kept, very clean and bright. Extremely helpful staff who are more than happy to go out of there way for you - the kind man on reception drew a map directing us to the bus as we had a massage appointment and we didn't know where we were going. We stayed in Jubba and it was the first time I've ever had a shower in the bedroom - it was quite fun! The car park wasn't the best as it is currently undergoing renovations but it was well priced and did what we needed it to! All in all a very enjoyable stay.

3 Thank Fiona T
oxpress
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I like this place a lot. The room I booked (cheapest I think) was fine, but I was given an upgrade (without asking) to a much nicer one. The hotel is beautifully designed. Breakfast is excellent. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful- couldn't be better!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank martinbaum46
Hailsham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here for one night yesterday in the Usk room. From start to finish our stay couldn't have been more enjoyable. The room was lovely, the staff can't do enough for you, real friendly people. Loved the relaxed atmosphere of the bar. After coming back earlier than expected was nicely surprised to find you could watch a DVD from the hotels vast collection with no extra cost. We opted for breakfast in bed and were so glad we did the food was delicious and it just made the stay even more enjoyable. Would thoroughly recommend and we would definately go back again. Thank you.

2 Thank Kelly B
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in October 2012 in the Danube room. It was beautifully decorated and very well equipped, and I slept like a log both nights I was there.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, even with my odd requests like wanting to keep my bike in the hotel as well!

After a long bike ride the highlight of the trip was relaxing in the bath with a beer watching a 3D movie on the giant LCD TV.

At this price point one might expect all of these things, but even so hotel Una delivers in spades, and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dave s
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have stayed at Hotel Una twice now. Once last year for my birthday, where my partner spoilt me with a couple of night's stay in the Quaile room. I felt very much girl about town. A bath in the bedroom, a shower in the lounge, an espresso bar and our very own mini cinema! As a first impression I knew we would come back! We stayed this week for my partners birthday. We stayed in the Santana room as we were only down for one night mid week. After a rather hectic day, fraught with M25 traffic I was welcomed most warmly and the bar tender gladly made me a glass of bubbles with something sweet to meet my personal tastes and a couple of those whilst enjoying a soak in the bath soon ensured I felt very much spoilt and relaxed ready to treat my man to an evening out for his birthday. The only small thing I would do to improve the stay would have been cook the eggs to order as I am a bit of a scrambled egg expert and although tasty they were not as creamy as I like them. Hotel, rooms, bar and staff all 5* IMO. We will most definitely be back! Soon hopefully!

Room Tip: The Santana room was at the rear of the hotel so the view was not as special as all rooms facing ont...