“Simply brilliant...again....!”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed March 20, 2011

This was our 3rd visit. Stayed in 'Verdea' for two nights and had there have been an upgrade available we would have been given it free of charge. Verdea is a loft room, small but very comfy, good showerfacilities,very warm and very comfy. I arranged champagne and strawberries for our arrival and the room scattered with rose petals. Breakfast is started with a light aray of cereal/yoghurts/ and croissants. A pre-cursor to what you are about to have as breakfast, not really meaning to be a 'buffet' Breakfast excellent, good normal choices. I can't see at all how any previous comments can criticise the food, always clean, hot and good quality. Great unlimited coffee. Bar service 24 hour, always attended. Cocktails in rooms if required and hot chocolate too at 1-30 pm..no effort or charge!.
Every room we have stayed in (three so far) has been immaculately clean. On our first visit reviewed as 'serene' we stated that on arrival we had a Brighton power cut for the afternoon. During that time Coco showed us the entire hotel rooms..all bar a few. Not one was tatty/dirty/old equipment. All beds and rooms pristine in fact.
And after our room was showered with rose petals day two saw fresh bed linen, not simply made up again for our second night.
These are real people, with real honest helpful attitudes that if things were to go wrong ,on that rare occassion , theywould be dealing with the issue immediately. I know..on that occcssion we were entertained in the bar free of charge whilst power was restored. We are coming back, to another room again later this year.. says it all!

2  Thank boltondriv

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I am a former Brighton resident and so I stay in the area quite often. I am so glad I booked Hotel Una. My partner and I were heading to Brighton for a friend’s birthday. I booked Hotel Una because it had good reviews on Tripadvisor and it was very close to where we were heading that evening. Another friend of ours had stayed at The Grand the night before and was due to stay there again that night and he telephoned me and said how disappointed he was with the hotel. I called Hotel Una and booked him and his partner a room. We had the two Lower ground floor suites.

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms were absolutely out of this world, I was really really impressed. If you are heading to Brighton and are looking for somewhere to stay don’t even consider anywhere else. The only thing I was not too keen on was the breakfast sausage! I will be staying here again and would not hesitate to recommend it to any of my friends and family.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Absolutely loved this hotel - a lovely spacious room (we had the Flores room) with great features - loved the seating area especially. Location is perfect, a stones' throw from the beach and close to both Hove and the city centre. Great breakfast too, I'm an Eggs Benedict fiend and it was the best I've had in ages. Only stayed for one night, wish it could have been more!

Reviewed March 5, 2011

Stayed for a one night stay on a winter break last minute offer, sohaving read other reviews was really looking forward to a fab stay. We had a large room in the top floor with a view of the sea which was nice. Bath and shower were in the lounge whichwas fine.
The wardrobe was not large enough for my wifes clothes in properly, and it started to go down hill from there. The bathroom is in great need of redecorating, plaster chipping off, scuffed paintwork, and the dust along the edges was THICK, the housekeeping standards were very poor at best. The in room entertainment was not great the tvs must be 10 years old, poor quality, its felt like it was very unloved.
The downstairs bar is nice, music choice was strange and a little loud , but heh that personal

we arrived down for breakfast no one around seated myself at a table waited to be looked after, coffee was poured from a jug - rubbish coffee, if you wanted a cappucino or espresso you had to pay extra for, the cooked breakfast was fresh and nicely presented, buffet was basic and not very interesting, overall not what i was expecting did not blow you away wanting more. When you appreciate this is there only meal offering its not an experience i would want to share with others

So on reflection i would not rush back , the rooms are certainly overpriced at rack rate, Im not sure how they have managed to get so many positive reviews, i love small boutique places but this one fell far short of my expectations

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Just got back from a great weekend in this hotel and have already made a reservation for a long weekend there!!!

It is amazing, best hotel my partner and I have ever stayed in! We booked the Aragon room as it has its privet jacuzzi and sauna and we used it well (2am, me and my guy in the jacuzzi drinking cocktails, can there be anything more romantic?).The room is big and comfortable and the bed is huge and has incredible design! We have been told the owner design it himself and respect to that! It also has an extremely comfortable chair. Big plazma on the wall and great sound system. I was a bit afraid of the noises as the room's windows are on the street side but it didn't disturbed as at all. We also want to thank the stuff for being so friendly. The bartender and the masseur are really lovely people.

I highly recommend this place as it has the standard of Hilton or Sheraton but the very unique atmosphere we found there, we wouldn't get anywhere else.

Thanks and see you soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2011

This is a great hotel, not like many others.
The hotel is very quirky, each room named after rivers around the world has its own character.
The members of staff at the hotel are extremely friendly (especially Paul, who was there during our whole stay).
We stayed in Gaula which was a very techy room.
There were steps leading up to the bathroom and we also had out own private balcony (not that there was much of a view, as we were facing the back of the hotel).

The hotel has a wide selection of dvd's for you to choose from and everyone room has a DVD player. We also had a CD player in our room.

Breakfast was GORGEOUS! I had a full cooked breakfast both days and enjoyed it alot!!
There were other selections however e.g. for vegeterians.

I absolutely loved this hotel. I am a tripadvisor junkie and had not seen these reviews before I stayed at this hotel as my fiancee booked the room as a surprise. But now coming on the website and reading a few of the reviews from people who gave it a terrible or poor I am shocked.

Yes it is expensive, but you get what you pay for. If you dont want to spend £175 a night then go stay somewhere else....maybe the beach will do you. Also if you are not willing to pay for parking then take a train into Brighton. It is not the fault of the hotel that Brighton doesnt have free parking places. The hotel however is located opposite an underground car park which has lots of places and is a reasonable price.

I would definetly stay in this hotel again. It isnt just for couples but there are also rooms that cater for families.

The hotel also caters in good quality produce in terms of what they serve for breakfast and also the Molten Brown products they use in their bathrooms!

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stubled on this hotel on Lastminute.com the day before we went. We normally stay at the Grand, Hilton or Seatle but all were very expensive for the day we wanted. We decided to try this hotel and I can honestly say we will never stay anywhere else on our visits to Brighton. The staff were unbelievably helpful and the rooms were stunning! WE got the opportunity to look at some of the rooms on the day we checked out and every room is stunning, all individual and the ones with the bath in the bedroom look amazing!
This hotel is a must!!!! I hope you enjoy it!