“DON'T BUY THE GROUPON”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“DON'T BUY THE GROUPON”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I thought the Groupon deal they were running for £69 was pretty reasonable - but there's no point as you can't get through to the phone lines to make a reservation. I even tried the online form but have had no response and it has been three days. If they can't accommodate it, they shouldn't run it. A real waste of money.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank V I

Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“DO NOT GO HERE”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Was quite excited to have booked a 4 star hotel in Brighton for a weekend away. The good point is its location! Then you check in and get reality. OK the purple decor drapes in reception might not be to everyone's taste. The poor youngster on reception trying to sort everything himself - why were we left waiting in a corridor for 30 minutes while an attempt to reprogramme the door failed, The replacement room was small, poorly furnshed, had bare patches on the wall and the curtains were difficult to close or open. The carpet was filthy. One teaspoon and a dire selection of beverages. No where to store toothbrushes in the bathroom and hot water that took a long time to come through.
Expensive on street parking! Breakfast was shocking! Tea and coffee from a flask and scrambled eggs that looked ill!! We ended up going out for breakfast.
4 star? I do not think so and hopelessly overpiced.
Even my complaining e mail was ignored.
SAve yourself a problem and money = go elsewhere!!!

Visited November 2011
9 Thank Grumpy16
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Spa treatments”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I booked for a birthday treat a massage for my partner and I, it was ok but far too much time spent just rubbing shoulders, a full body should mean full body. They missed out the base of your back completely and the head no more than 2 min spent there. No feet work done, arms 2 mins. It says 70 mins but they only do 50 and leave you for 5 mins up front to change and 15 mins at the end to get off the table and change again. I can't say it was bad but I have had much better elsewhere for less. They don't try to up sell the usage of spa facilities or promote it, a strange bunch all in all.

The manicure....huuum well my girlfriend had this OPI manicure.. It was rubbish...meant to be 55 mins of pampering what she got was 30 mins of a file and polish and the paint job was well...crap! The beautician said she was leaving to go teach and said she couldn't wait to... Great.. What is it in this country that nobody wants to do there job, well for 38 pounds for a file and polish I could have done it for her and I'd of done it for free.

2 Thank Ibunkey
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good Value, Great staff, Room a bit noisy”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Just returned from an on the whole, great stay. We were in Rm 209. This was lovely although the bathroom needed an update. The main problem was that we could hear whoever was in the room above from 5am walking back and forward across the floor. There was no noise insulation at all. In saying that, the rest of the stay was lovely. The staff in the spa were friendly and the atmosphere relaxing. The restaurant was good value for money and the food lovely. Would really recommend this lovely hotel but make sure you ask for a room on the top floor

Visited August 2011
4 Thank Lynne0171
shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“Massage Amazingness...”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I went to the Spa with the intent on getting a massage only, which i was delighted with!

The decor was very stylish and the staff were very helpful and approachable. Even with this being my first time in a Spa I felt very comfortable, which is definitely an important aspect.

The massage itself was amazing!! I would definitely recommend if you have a spare few hours at the weekend. in fact I can't wait to book my next one.

Visited July 2011