“DO NOT GO HERE”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Lansdowne Place Spa
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Was quite excited to have booked a 4 star hotel in Brighton for a weekend away. The good point is its location! Then you check in and get reality. OK the purple decor drapes in reception might not be to everyone's taste. The poor youngster on reception trying to sort everything himself - why were we left waiting in a corridor for 30 minutes while an attempt to reprogramme the door failed, The replacement room was small, poorly furnshed, had bare patches on the wall and the curtains were difficult to close or open. The carpet was filthy. One teaspoon and a dire selection of beverages. No where to store toothbrushes in the bathroom and hot water that took a long time to come through.
Expensive on street parking! Breakfast was shocking! Tea and coffee from a flask and scrambled eggs that looked ill!! We ended up going out for breakfast.
4 star? I do not think so and hopelessly overpiced.
Even my complaining e mail was ignored.
SAve yourself a problem and money = go elsewhere!!!

9  Thank Grumpy16

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I booked for a birthday treat a massage for my partner and I, it was ok but far too much time spent just rubbing shoulders, a full body should mean full body. They missed out the base of your back completely and the head no more than 2 min spent there. No feet work done, arms 2 mins. It says 70 mins but they only do 50 and leave you for 5 mins up front to change and 15 mins at the end to get off the table and change again. I can't say it was bad but I have had much better elsewhere for less. They don't try to up sell the usage of spa facilities or promote it, a strange bunch all in all.

The manicure....huuum well my girlfriend had this OPI manicure.. It was rubbish...meant to be 55 mins of pampering what she got was 30 mins of a file and polish and the paint job was well...crap! The beautician said she was leaving to go teach and said she couldn't wait to... Great.. What is it in this country that nobody wants to do there job, well for 38 pounds for a file and polish I could have done it for her and I'd of done it for free.

2  Thank Ibunkey
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Just returned from an on the whole, great stay. We were in Rm 209. This was lovely although the bathroom needed an update. The main problem was that we could hear whoever was in the room above from 5am walking back and forward across the floor. There was no noise insulation at all. In saying that, the rest of the stay was lovely. The staff in the spa were friendly and the atmosphere relaxing. The restaurant was good value for money and the food lovely. Would really recommend this lovely hotel but make sure you ask for a room on the top floor

4  Thank Lynne0171
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I went to the Spa with the intent on getting a massage only, which i was delighted with!

The decor was very stylish and the staff were very helpful and approachable. Even with this being my first time in a Spa I felt very comfortable, which is definitely an important aspect.

The massage itself was amazing!! I would definitely recommend if you have a spare few hours at the weekend. in fact I can't wait to book my next one.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2011

just got back from a 2 night stay at the Lansdowne over New Year.

the downstairs rooms, reception, bar and restaurant are very impressive and stylishly decorated, the staff went out of their way to be helpful even though they admitted they were extremely short staffed (seemed to be a common theme, we had a meal at Browns and they had the same problem)

the hotel is located in a great area, close enough to all the major facilities, but not so close as you are bothered by the noise from the pubs in town!

the one thing that lets this hotel down is the rooms, it was a really good sized 'king' room but it had a tiny wall mounted television which you struggled to see from the bed, the carpet outside the door appeared to have bleach stains on it. the rooms were freezing cold too, no airconditioning or temperature controls, just a small radiator.

housekeeping didnt bother removing the dirty glasses nor bother replenishing the toilet rolls. all these are minor but at £160 a night i expect better..

on the whole though we had a fantastic trip to Brighton and this was an excellent base!

3  Thank ASLong