“So pleased we booked to stay here.”
Review of Leona House

Leona House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
Leona House
Ranked #73 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
“So pleased we booked to stay here.”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a 2-night stay. We booked our accommodation at the last minute without knowing much about our choice but we were pleasantly surprised. Great location, helpful owner, nice - if bijou - room and lovely breakfast both days, served at a time that suited us. We stayed in a room with a shared bathroom and have no complaints; no queues and we found it to be clean. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Tyler_Herts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ljubljana
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. Leona House could hardly be closer to the seafront and main attractions. Unfortunately the weather was not great during our visit but the compensation was that the bed was so comfortable, it made staying indoors a pleasure too!

The breakfast was excellent quality and cooked to order at the time you wanted (up to 10am) and the owners were very helpful with other requests (e.g. printing out bording passes for us).

We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2012

After seeing some of the reviews on here, I was a bit anxious about my trip to Leona House. All I can say is that the people complaining must have been staying somewhere else! The room was lovely, the hosts were friendly and welcoming and the noise from the nightclubs did not disturb my sleep. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
London
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed here for the weekend and can't fault it.

Leona House is in a great location for shops, sea front, restaurants and bars.

Both hosts were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very nice and the room (King en-suite) was very comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Get an ensuite if you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Smiffy1982
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We arrived in Brighton and needed to find somewhere to stay at very short notice, we phoned Leona House at 8pm and checked in at 9pm! Room was great, our two hosts were helpful and friendly and the breakfast wsa lovely, couldn't ask for more!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I have stayed at Leona House twice now with my little dog and have had a nice experience both times, Paul and Hazel are lovely hosts and do the best breakfast ! its always been clean and Hazel even tidyed my room for me when I was out and made it look like I hadnt stayed there so I was very touched as this definatley was an added extra I didnt expect :-)

They made my dog feel very welcome which is so important to me so I would definatley go there again and recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in Brighton :-)

Room Tip: Top room is a great size !
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My fiance booked this hotel for me for our anniversary as a suprise weekend. We have been to Brighton before but never stayed over night and we were looking forward to enjoying the resturants and bars.
When we arrived at the hotel we were asked to pay for the whole 2 night stay before taking our bags to our room. Which we thought was strange.

We then climbed the four narrow flights of stairs to reach our hole, I mean room. The website makes the rooms look big and luxurious but they are NOT. I couldn't even find anywhere to put my small suitcase. There was no en suite and this was not made clear on the website and at time of booking otherwise my boyfriend would not have booked it. When we asked to move to another room with ensuite they said there weren't any avaliable but that we could have one nearer to the shared bathroom. We tried this but it was just as small and no wardrobe and the bed was very uncomfortable.

We then said we were not happy and suddenly an ensuite room became available. However the owners were VERY rude about letting us have it. That was the final straw so we said we were leaving. However because they make you pay before you have even put your bag down we lost our money. We found another lovely hotel for that night and another for the Saturday as we refused to let these people ruin our special weekend. However it became a lot more expensive than it should have been as we had to pay for this hotel we never stayed in and the others.

So, don't be persuaded by the website or the good reviews on this site. The hotel is a rip off with horrible rooms and rude owners. DO NOT stay at it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Joanne883
Petrona, Owner at Leona House, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
We generally dont respond to negetaive reviews by customers but in this instance feel we could not ignore the false comments made and we would like to set matters straight.

On the 7th October this customer and his fiancee arrived at Leona House having booked a double non en suite room on line for two nights. After registration they were asked to pay the balance owing. The first night deposit was paid on line 3 weeks earlier at the time of booking.
This is our booking policy which is stated on our website. The guests were given the room keys and shown to their room. Within a few minutes the man came back to enquire if there were any double en suite rooms available stating he realised he had made a mistake booking the wrong room. We then offered him two alternative rooms.which were available at the time, a double non en suite room next to the bathroom or a king en suite room. They both looked at the room next to the bathroom and decided on that one.

A few minutes later he returned enquiring about the en suite room stating his fiancee was still unhappy about not having an en suite room. He was shown to the room and told the price. He went off to discuss this with his fiancee. He later came back to inform us they weren't staying, could they have a refund. We told him their payment was non refundable but agreed to let them have half their money back and we would let him have the balance if we managed to re book the room. They seemed happy and left thanking us. Unfortunately the room remained empty for the two nights.

Please note while all of this was taking place his fiancee who wrote this review stayed away and did not take part in any of the conversations.

We were not rude to these customers. We did everything within our power to rectify the booking mistake made by them in the first place. These are the true facts of the matter.

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels