“Great value, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Leona House

Leona House
Leona House
Ranked #80 of 97 Brighton B&B and Inns
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Great value, great location”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Leonard house is great value for money with its central location to the pier and town. Felt very welcome and comfortable staying here. The breakfast was perfect everyday. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed August 19, 2011

If you are looking for a central, newly and tastefully decorated boutique hotel, Leona House is the right place to stay in Brighton. It is a small family-managed hotel, which feels like home (rather than a hotel). The Owners were very friendly and helpful during our stay. Only on our check-out day, I could not feel their warmth the same way (I guess they were in a mad rush, since they were - as far as I saw - the only two hotel personnel dealing with everything from cleaning the rooms to preparing breakfast). Our room was absolutely clean and fresh, since we had asked the hotel for a very clean room before arriving (we always ask for clean rooms when we stay in UK hotels due to our bad experiences). On the check-in day, the Owners told us that they "deeply" cleaned our room "due to our special request", which made me glad that we had asked for a very clean room before arriving (I hope that the other rooms were as clean as ours!). In sum, we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed the weekend of Pride. The location was very central and just a short walk from everything. Hazel the owner is lovely and really friendly and welcoming. Our room was nice and very clean and the bed was comfortable. The shared bathroom was fine and we didn't have to wait to use it even though the place was full. The breakfast was the best ever. I think the bad reviews are unfair as if people want 5 star accommodation they should be willing to pay for it. We would definitely stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I have to say I have been to Brighton on many occasions and This B&B was disgusting The room was ok basic but enough for what you need. However the Owners were Very rude especially the Women. She has NO customer service skills and if she does not like you she will ask you to leave.. So beware.. I had to pay when I got there which I thought was Poor. I would never step foot in this place again

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank gav1406

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Weymouth, Dorset
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here with my mum, the guest house is so close to everything, shops, restaurant, pier and the Pavilion. The hosts were really friendly and had recently redecorated the rooms with lovely regency colours in keeping with the age of the property. Its a shame there are some bad reviews on here, I can understand its a bit noisy at night with the Jazz Club opposite, however i slept right through it. So maybe it depends on whether you are a light sleeper. If you want to be right in the centre of a great place like Brighton you have to accept a bit of noise! The breakfast was good too.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2011

After spending a long day at work and several hours travelling for my weekend away with two friends, the last thing I wanted or expected was to be shouted at and enter an argument with the owners about the bill which we had to pay as soon as we stepped over the threshold. We spent as little time as possible in this B and B as we didn't want any more unpleasantness to spoil our weekend. I will add that the £60 that was over-charged was eventually re-paid but only after numerous e-mails and after I got the regulator involved! Extremely rude staff and an unfriendly atmosphere - I would only recommend this place to somebody I don't like!! In this present economic climate and with the tourism industry being hit hard, I would have thought that hotel owners would be doing all they could to try and win customers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank MamaChick1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Just stayed here for a 3 day Easter break and found Hazel and her husband excellent patrons - they were very freidndly and accomodating and I must say the coked breakfast was excellent - so often the breakfast in B&B's are made with cheap products but here at the Leona the quality of the breakfast was excellent. We had a slight problem that our shower leaked but they did everything they could to try and recifty it but being Easter it was difficult to get a plumber in over the BH. The rooms are of a high quality sort of boutique style and we had no problem with noise as we were in the room at the top of the hotel. If I had one minor gripe it would be that the inside of the cupboards hadn't been dusted and therefore my clean clothes got covered in dust. But this was a very minor fact and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends