“Disappointing to say the least.”
Review of The Heathers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
The Heathers
Ranked #87 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
London, England
“Disappointing to say the least.”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I visited Brighton for the long Bank hol and stayed in The Heathers. I was very disappointed to find that the rooms were nothing like the pictures advertised and made up of double bunk beads! The price is expensive if you consider what you are paying for but the actual hotel is more of a hostel. The room wasnt clean and the toilet didnt flush properly, and the walls are paper thin and as we were situated by the door we got very little sleep-extremely disappointing!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Glasgow
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I have just returned from a Stag Weekend with six friends and stayed at the Heathers for two nights. After reading some of the reviews we were a little concerned however on arrival we were delighted.

Our room was very clean and spacious with a great little en-suite bathroom with shower. The breakfast was great and they kept us topped up with Toast, Orange Juice and a huge full English breakfast. The staff were really polite and friendly and worked hard to make you feel welcome.

For what we required the hotel was great and I would go again. If your travelling in a group and intend on spending your days/nights enjoying Brighton stay here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Cheltenham
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Twenty of us stayed here in January and I have to say it was absolutely perfect. We had interlinking rooms with bunk beds and could make as much noise as we wanted. It's only a short walk into town and the facilities were sufficient. I can't comment on the breakfast as we went to a local Cafe. If you want a quality hotel for you and the family or with your wife/girlfriend then don't go here. If it's a break in a cheap hotel by the sea with your mates this place will not disappoint.

• Stayed January 2010
england
Reviewed November 26, 2009

we had booked 5 twin rooms, and (stupidly) paid in advance. £35 per head B&B. we were shown to our room, best described as a dorm, about 18ft sq, with 8 beds in it. all the bedds squeeked when leant on, and 2 were broken. the window was broken. the shower did not work. the carpet had holes in it. the key to our room opened 3 other rooms too. (curiousity and concern re security). staff when we found them, were rude. breakfast was disgusting. even the fruit juice was sour. half our group left, one went straight home, the others found alternative accomodation. this is positively the worst hotel I have had the mis fortune th stay in. avoid like the plague.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Bucks
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Let me start by saying I have never written a review in my life! However, after reading these reviews before I went on my stag do I was a little worried to say the least. I can say that they are all very harsh. The rooms were clean and tidy and the owners polite, friendly and speak perfect english. Yes there were bunk beds and rooms of 4 & 5 but at this price what do you expect! OK, the breakfast wasn't the best but good enough, other than those sausages - STOP serving those sausages! As my title says, perfect for a stag do but definately wouldn't take the missis!

• Stayed November 2009
Scotland
Reviewed November 18, 2009

The lady who runs the hotel is lovely but I felt unable to look her in the eye at "breakfast" in case I said something unkind. Because,the hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in. I did not realise such establishments still existed . 8 beds in a room with one crappy toilet/shower- not particularly cheap either considering the slum conditions.On the plus side the orange juice was refreshing and the breakfast server was very pleasant , I didn't taste the cooked breakfast but it looked awful. We moved next door after the first night.

Essex
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We expected twin rooms - we were put into one room with 4 bunk beds - 8 adults in a room with one (filthy) toilet, a woefully weak shower, no security, breakfast not fit for a dog - totally inedible. Carpets torn and dirty.

Half our group moved into another hotel after the first night.