“worst hotel I have ever stayed in”
Review of The Heathers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
The Heathers
Ranked #87 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 26, 2009

we had booked 5 twin rooms, and (stupidly) paid in advance. £35 per head B&B. we were shown to our room, best described as a dorm, about 18ft sq, with 8 beds in it. all the bedds squeeked when leant on, and 2 were broken. the window was broken. the shower did not work. the carpet had holes in it. the key to our room opened 3 other rooms too. (curiousity and concern re security). staff when we found them, were rude. breakfast was disgusting. even the fruit juice was sour. half our group left, one went straight home, the others found alternative accomodation. this is positively the worst hotel I have had the mis fortune th stay in. avoid like the plague.

There are newer reviews for The Heathers

Reviewed November 23, 2009

Let me start by saying I have never written a review in my life! However, after reading these reviews before I went on my stag do I was a little worried to say the least. I can say that they are all very harsh. The rooms were clean and tidy and the owners polite, friendly and speak perfect english. Yes there were bunk beds and rooms of 4 & 5 but at this price what do you expect! OK, the breakfast wasn't the best but good enough, other than those sausages - STOP serving those sausages! As my title says, perfect for a stag do but definately wouldn't take the missis!

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 18, 2009

The lady who runs the hotel is lovely but I felt unable to look her in the eye at "breakfast" in case I said something unkind. Because,the hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in. I did not realise such establishments still existed . 8 beds in a room with one crappy toilet/shower- not particularly cheap either considering the slum conditions.On the plus side the orange juice was refreshing and the breakfast server was very pleasant , I didn't taste the cooked breakfast but it looked awful. We moved next door after the first night.

Reviewed November 15, 2009

We expected twin rooms - we were put into one room with 4 bunk beds - 8 adults in a room with one (filthy) toilet, a woefully weak shower, no security, breakfast not fit for a dog - totally inedible. Carpets torn and dirty.

Half our group moved into another hotel after the first night.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

Me, my boyrfriend and my friend arrived at 7pm to check in no one was at reception, spent 5 minutes trying to find someone eventually a group of lads came down drinking cans of beer! One claimed it to be his "hotel"!!! We were showed to our room which was two bunk beds instead of two double beds, so unfortunatley me and my boyfriend had to share a single bed! The room was ridiculously hot, there was no way to turn the heating down and the window didnt fully open. To be fair the room was clean with towels and soap, and clean bedding. Very noisy at 3am when we got back, very hot room and breakfast was just a joke! People had been waiting 30 mins for a breakfast, they were coming out one at a time, orange juice was nice, the actually breakfast was greasy and just weird!! I really wouldnt advise staying here, the location is brilliant for kemp town but it really is terrible.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2009

would not return to this hotel or recomend it 2 anyone ,rooms grotty , dingy , hot , breakfast [greasy] ,staff dont understand or speak english ,security [at night] was a young person [20s ] who also didnt understand english great when he is there through the night ,need i say more

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2009

When arrived we was handed our keys, and couldn't really understand the lady. The room was ok, single beds pushed together and the bathroom was very small, the tiles was coming off the wall around the shower and the shower was so small, I had to step in side ways. Shower wasn't brilliant either, either went far to hot or really cold! No handsoap to wash our hands after using the toilet, only bar soap, unhygenic! The next morning, went downstairs for breakfat, and the breakfast was ok, very greasy! The people who were serving breakfast didn't understand a word we was saying, so we gave up. We went out from about half 11 til half 6 that day and returned to have our beds remade and bin cleaned. However when I went to put on some perfume, had found it was gone and myself and my friend turned our room upside down and couldn't find it anywhere. Also noticed that someone had been through my friends bag as some of her tablets were missing. The following morning, we saw the manager at breakfast and told her what had happened. She asked us if we had left our room open and if we had left our key around anywhere (there is only 2 keys, one they keep and our one, and each key is different). She then came to our room and said she was going to call the police and get the rooms searched, as this has never happened to this hotel before and she was going to call her manager. Bearing in mind, other guests were leaving at this point so if they had taken it, it wouldn't be in there rooms. We said ok and left the hotel as it was checking out time. My friend then got a phonecall from the hotel today saying they had found my perfume under the curtains at the back of the table. Now we had lifted the curtains up and looked through the curtains to see if it had dropped there and it wasn't there, so now we are very supisouces. she even said well I don't know how it got there! We both do!!!!!!!! I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay at this hotel as our stuff went missing, and turnt up mysterisouly and the rudeness and the bluntness of the other staff was terrible. Never again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends