“Absolutely Amazing Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thewitchez Photo Design Cafe Bar

Thewitchez Photo Design Cafe Bar
Ranked #5 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to the first Photo Design Cafe Bar in the UK. We are a little independent business that merges creative design ideas with creative dining. Open for coffee and delicious cakes till 9:30pm. Dining menu is available from 4pm ( Tuesday-Friday) and from 12:00pm onwards on Saturday and Sunday. Due to occasional private hire of our little venue, the opening hours may vary from week to week, so it is best to give us a call, drop us an email or check our website to see the current the opening times. Our fully licensed restaurant will take you on a journey of different flavours from different countries. We are not on a fine-dining scene, but all our food is home-made and beautifully presented so our dishes will not only please your eye but also please your appetite. We are a dog friendly place so all well behaved dogs are welcome. As we often hold private parties/functions/photo sessions, the opening hours to the public can depend on our availability. Children are welcome until 6pm. Hope to see you soon and make sure you give us a call to reserve a table. Check our website to see the current the opening times.
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Amazing Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is one of the best restaurants I have had the pleasure of visiting. I have become a regular at this place and I have tried almost everything on the menu. All the food is freshly cooked and prepared lovingly by the chef. I love that they play black and white movies her at night. Its just a brilliant addition to the Brighton scene. They are dog friendly too!

1 Thank gina123z

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious lunch and friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We booked our lunch the day before with a Groupon offer of a starter and main for £18. The restaurant had a lovely view of the Brighton Wheel and it was in a great location next to the beach and only a 20 minute walk from the station, which was convenient for us as we had just arrived from London.

My boyfriend ordered a type of antipasto starter and I had the whitebait. For the main we had the steak with chips and the sea bass with dumplings. Seeing as we were paying £9 each for a huge selection of starters and main (anything from the menu!) it was amazing value for money. My steak was a very good size and cooked to perfection! Also I feel I need to mention the chips were so crispy and delicious! Some slight problems we found with one of the mains was that there were a few bones in the sea bass fillet and the dumplings were a tad stodgy.

The service was excellent with much attention to detail and the owner was very friendly and helpful when ordering. Overall it we had a wonderful lunch and would return if visiting Brighton again.

1 Thank FWYM
“Evening meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

My partner and I visited this restaurant last night for an evening meal.
The hospitality was amazingly friendly, with out two hosts constantly available..
We even invited a third single lady to join us (just seemed the right thing to do)
The food was tasty and plentiful.
We had whitebait for our starter and the fish main course.
A most enjoyable experience, which we most certainly will repeat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brightonolder
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing find with excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We found Thewitchez through a groupon offer. Starter and a main for two for £18. We went on a Wednesday night to check it out and it didn't disappoint. The restaurant is small, very cosy and has a lovely feel to it. I loved the black and white movies showing in the background. They offer a wide range of food, and everything we tried was delicious. The polish sausage and scampi start were excellent. The ladies were so friendly and provided excellent service. They are keen to explain the menu and are happy to answer questions and help make your decision if you are stuck. The food does not arrive instantly as it is being freshly prepared. It is worth the wait and comes in generous portions. Be sure to try the little hooves, they were fantastic. We will definitely return again, probably in the day for coffee and cake and then bring friends in the evening.

1 Thank Spaghetti27
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Genuinely Friendly, Great Food Too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've been here twice and both times I've found the food to be delicious (Polish sausage! It dominates my waking thoughts!) and the welcome to be warm and friendly. Seriously. I went in today just for lunch with a couple of mates and three hours suddenly flew by, chatting to the two women who run the place, drinking tea, generally chilling out. I loved the relaxed, daytime atmosphere and the front porch is a sun trap for the three minutes of sun we had today.

I believe they project old, silent movies onto the back wall in the evening and the gets busier. I've not been there in the evening yet but I definitely will.

And that Polish sausage. You need it in your life. True story.

1 Thank TravelNShit