“very nice place!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 98 Brighton B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“very nice place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very pretty, modern and clean rooms.
Good breakfast, nice hosts.
Central but quite position. Close to shops and bus routes.
(Don't remember about the internet connection to be honest:)
I would reccomend this place and I think I would choose it again for my stayed in Brighton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Valsi26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The rudest managers I have EVER spoken too...the room was worse than a hostel....I'd rather never visit Brighton than have to stay there again. Totally ruined my weekend to the point I was calling up other hotels to see if I could get out of there...I have never left a review on here before, so please take this seriously!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Z M
portsmouth_sam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for three nights in the Clark Gable room. It has a lovely 4 poster bed, although a little creaky when turning over it was really comfortable. The room and bathroom were really clean and the room also had a fridge which was handy for keeping some drinks in.
The location of Colson House is perfect, a few minutes walk from the seafront and only five minute walk to the pier.
We never ate breakfast as we weren't up in time so can't comment on brekky. The owner was very nice and welcoming. It could be a bit noisy in the morning with doors banging which isnt really a problem unless your having a lay in which we were doing as it was a weekend away to chill out, having said that it wasn't until about 9am so not silly o'clock!
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank portsmouth_sam
Thirsk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Audrey Hepburn room for my birthday weekend and we enjoyed our time there. The room was clean and tidy on arrival and the owners were friendly, helpful and very welcoming. The B&B is very close to the seafront and the centre of Brighton with many shops, restaurants and cafes nearby, which was very handy. The breakfast itself was fine, although the portion sizes could have been bigger. The owners allowed us to leave our baggage in the B&B on our last day after we had checked out and the B&B felt very secure as both doors were locked throughout the day and night. The only real fault would be with the staircase in the Audrey Hepburn room. Although i liked that the bathroom was up a staircase, it did not feel very safe after a couple of glasses of wine!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cj922012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

A very nice B&B! Rooms very clean and comfortable, staff very friendly and welcoming. What more do you need?

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank DanGriff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Despite the not so nice English summer, my friends and I decided to treat ourselves to three days in Brighton, and Colson House was our chosen B&B, and what a great choice!

The owners Mark and Eamon could not have been better, they were welcoming, extremely friendly and very entertaining. They offered such great advice on the local attractions, and even recommended a wonderful pub in which to enjoy a nice drink and good company.

The place was spotlessly clean (one of the most vital things for us), and the breakfast was scrumptious, keeping us full until way past lunchtime.

I could not recommend Colson House enough, clean, friendly, great location and wonderful hosts. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lauren W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

On the day we were due to stay here my husband and I rang to to enquire what time we needed to check in and the man that answered the phone informed us that our reservation had been cancelled and that we were not welcome. When I asked why this was he became defensive and aggressive. I tried to reason with him and explain this was a romantic weekend for us and he swore at me and hung up. My husband rang back and the man continued to be obnoxious. My husband asked for a refund and he refused. It ruined our whole weekend and it later materialised that he had tried to take money for the other 2 days without our permission with the card I booked with even though we weren't welcome to stay there. Please take my advice and never set foot in this hotel. They are total cowboys and it is the single most awful experience I have had with a hotel in my life.

• Stayed May 2012