“This hotel needs to be shut down- now”

The Brighton Beach Hotel
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“This hotel needs to be shut down- now”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. I wonder why it is still trading. Do not stay here. It is dirty, unsafe, the staff are rude and unhelpful, the carpark is a joke.The breakfast was vile apart from the toast!! No wonder you have to pay before your visit, cos sure as hell, noone would pay having stayed here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Found this hotel after spending the afternoon searching for our last minute trip. Greeted by a moody bloke who gave the impression he would rather be somewhere else. He showed us the 'last' room available and on first glance looked ok. But once in the room and given a closer inspection how wrong we were. The shower had grime all round the bottom edges and between the tiles. The light was appaling and the door to the 'en-suite' was glass, not a problem i thought as it would just have been my boyfriend who would see......how wrong was I!!! One of the staff seemed to think it perfectly acceptable to walk in and out of the room as he pleased with his key. After my boyfriend complained we were told it wouldnt happen again. Next morning in bed and we were visited again by the same member of staff letting himself in!!!
Bed was dirty, room needed redecoraing and wardrobe was useless - no hangers.

If we didnt have to pay upfront I wouldnt have paid at all!

Do not use this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lalira

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Reviewed September 26, 2010

Disgustingly dirty hotel. Room was not cleaned for 3 days we were there. Shower did not work properly, towel rails broken, window rotten, floor sloped so slipped down in bed each night, valance and duvet badly stained, no phone, wardrobe covered in dust and with only one broken handle, stairs were narrow and steep with only a rickety bannister to hold onto, breakfast took forever to arrive and was then only lukewarm. Staff were courteous!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emceemax
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My friends (4 of us) and i booked this hotel for one night girlie weekend away.. We were met by someone ..who gave us key to room and told us we were on top floor.

We struggled up flight after flight of stairs which were covered by a stained carpet. I was dreading walking into this 'family room' we were sharing. Opened the door and this room was jammed packed with 2 single beds and one double bed .. a shower cubicle cobwebs, damp beds, stained carpet and walls.. but hey that didnt matter we had a kettle and 3 cups, but was 4 of us! Family room?? think he thought it was Mickey and Minnie mouse that were coming with the kids !! The room was dirty and tiny! All of the above for thr breathting price of £160 a night to share squalor! We left our cases there went out and found another hotel at bottom of the road. Family room with breakfast for £135!! We cancelled payment for other one went back got our cases and left.
The place we ended up in was great. Albion Hotel. Clean massive rooms and friendly staff.. Infact the rooms had double bed 3 single beds, dresser wardrobe table chairs en suite.. had was even big enough to have a disco !!

DO NOT BOOK BRIGHTON BEACH HOTEL!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jan19611
london
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This hotel is filthy , stains up the walls , stains and dirt on the sheets. meldew everywhere in the shower A very rude and unhelpful man just stood leaning against the wall to unwelcome you . I didnt even try breakfast i just got up and got out of there as fast as i could . DISGUSTING.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank LondonGelica
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I woke up at 2:30am itching and feeling like I was being bitten - and I was. On my pillow was a bed bug and a flea. After some googling I realised that the red patches and black dots all over the sheets were actually bug poo and human blood from splatted bugs. The manager gave me a measly £30 back. PLEASE, please don't stay here - I stupidly read the reviews beforehand and still went because I was short on cash, but now I seem to have somehow picked up some of these bugs and am taking time off work because my face, arms and legs are full of bites. I am so angry at the management as they obviously know about this and don't give a crap. PLEASE DON'T STAY.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank salamander84
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2010

the hotel (loose sence of the word) is a pit didnt stay the night lounge stank went to see the room is was filth went down and told the chap this and all he had to say was fair enough. i spent a hour looking for another hotel i woudent advise anyone to stay here .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple