“Get what you pay for”
Review of West Beach Hotel

West Beach Hotel
Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Paid for a budget hotel and got a budget hotel.

Room was clean (apart from windows), bathroom was clean and most importantly beds were clean.

Big crack in top window, didn't really affect the noise level from outside as windows are so thin you could hear everything anyway which at 6.15 on back holiday morning was lovely when the bins (right outside our window) were being emptied. Rusty metal stairs right outside were also lovely when anyone touched them as it vibrated through the room. People in room to the left of us and above were auditioning for the fairy elephant ballet at all times of day and night, along with night staff (I assume) who sounded like they were tap dancing past our room at about 3.20 am (you have laminate flooring everywhere people so invest in soft sole shoes for your staff) and holding a full blown conversation with a room nearby.

Apart from this the only other thing keep us awake was the fridge in the room conveniently situated right next to one of the bedheads and the light above my bed switching on everytime i moved because the switch was right behind my pillow!

When I first arrived wifi wouldn't worked but then kicked in after about an hour and worked fine for the rest of the night.

As my title suggests I knew it was a budget hotel and expected some of what I got, staff were friendly and helpful with the couple of small requests i made. If I stayed again would insist on not being on the ground floor.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed here with 11 other ladies for a hen Party. Rooms are nice, big and clean. Didn't hear any noise from other rooms or the club? In a great location and I would stay there again. Staff were super nice and helpful. If you go to Brighton for a hen or stag party then I highly recommend.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Had a really good stay at the west beach hotel. Other reviews complain of noise, but the hotels website clearly states that it accepts hen and stag dos. It's Brighton you do the math.

Rooms were amazing a lot better than we expected due to the hotel being so cheap. A nice suprise. Staff were really helpful. Would definitely stay again

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I've just got back from my Hen Do in Brighton and 11 of us stayed here. It was great! Close to the pier, really close to Primark, free wifi, big rooms and bathrooms (and a nice big fridge for weekend supplies) and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The only reason I didn't rate it 5 starts was because all the heaters were on (it was the hottest weekend of the year) and the rooms were boiling! Thanks West Beach :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank emilyemlee
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I am very dissappointed with our stay on this hotel. The walls and windows are too thin so you never get a chance to sleep because of all the noice. The staff is really rude and will not help you in any way. Extremly angry with the wifi not working at all when wifi was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. Rude manager so no point of conplaining. The rooms are nice though but it doesn't make up for the staffs treatment the 2 weeks we have spent in this hotel. I will never return to this hotel ever that much i can say. It has a nice location near the beach which is positive but other than that. I hope the staff works on their service for future guests!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Izabella Z
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel as it is on the front and had a room for 4. The beds are comfy and the room is clean.

But...

It's midnight and the night club below is keeping me awake. The windows are paper thin so the noise of people and traffic outside is also pretty loud. The corridors are laminate so really noisy too!

In short, only stay here if you don't want to sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ed B
Reviewed April 16, 2014

To be fair the room itself is clean apart from the fact I had to ask someone to clean the pee stains off the toilet,but they did straight away. our problem is the noise of the live band playing next door,its now 11:00. We should shut the window perhaps? It is shut but the old aluminium windows are broken with at least an inch gap down the opener.the glass units have lost their seal so the only view you have is through a white haze! The website says the rooms at the front are being renovated,it does not say the building is covered in scaffolding! Please check with reviews first they have 1 on their website which is in their favor but its from 2012.

• Stayed: April 2014