Beach Hotel
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Kings Hotel(Brighton)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsregency restaurantregency squarebeansyogurtcooked breakfastsea viewunderground car parkpalace pierbritish airwaystea and coffeecouple of nightsone night staybrighton centreessentialsseafrontfisoap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We went as a family of 5 ,reading other reviews was not expecting much ,but was pleased with what we got.
The room was spacious and very clean the bathroom was very modern and up to date. We had everything we needed for a comfortable night, decor was neutral design, we were given clean complimentary towels and smellies.
A television and fridge for added convienance as well as dining table and chairs,great family room.
The breakfast we could not complain about as there was so much on offer all self service.
Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Ground floor room had a nice sea view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikki S
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was dreading staying this hotel as I had booked before checking the reviews. We paid £50 a night B+B for a double room with breakfast. We stayed in room 11.

pros - sea view of both piers, shower good, breakfast adequate - not gourmet but if you are fussy it is hard to go wrong with toast and cereal, staff were friendly, we were able to leave our bags all day after checking out (which you can't do at the travel lodge), modern LCD TV with DVD player. Free Wi-Fi. Our bathroom was very clean and smelt of bleach on arrival and the towels were spotless

Cons - as other have said it is very shabby and in need of a refurb but to be honest I am staying a night not living there, door lock was lose which worried me a bit when going out. The noise made by other guests when coming back late (but this is not the hotels fault - more inconsiderate guests)

all in all it was good value if you want somewhere to sleep and shower. I have never found anywhere else in brighton en suite, free wifi, free breakfast, sea view for £50 a night.
hotel - average. Value for money - good

Room Tip: room 11 has a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank warwicktraveller_8
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have never felt the need to leave a review before so this is my first one as i feel so strongy about it. Me and my partner both in our mid twenties (and used to budget hotels especially from the likes of Ibiza) stayed here for two nights. I am not too fussy and didn't think it would be as bad as some of the reviews made it out to be. How wrong was I?! The mattresses feel like they haven't been changed since before I was born and I got bitten 5 times during the first night. The rooms say they are a double but it's two uneven twin beds pushed together. We did have another two beds in the room which I didn't actually like as it took up space unnecessarily, however came in handy when I refused to get back in the awful bed from the first night. The daylight came beaming in as soon as the sun rose and the drilling outside kept us awake (even after a night on the town). I wouldn't get in the lift as it was the size of a phone box and has a brown shutter door which looked like something from the titanic. This meant climbing three floors to get up and down and considering i am young and healthy and it tired me out after two days, this isnt great for anyone less able! The carpets and decor were poor, dated and worn. My partner has never turned down food and isn't fussy but refused to eat breakfast the second morning after the first morning put him off. I stuck with the toast. We didn't see the point in complaining after reading on here how unhelpful the manager has previously been. I couldn't WAIT to leave and the first thing I did when I got back was get in the shower because I felt gross from the hotel. £55 a night is not bad and it is close to the centre, but I would rather pay a bit more and not feel like I was in fawlty towers.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Lthommo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Have just come back from a hen weekend in Brighton. The hotel itself is very Fawlty Towers, aged carpet, rickety lift, tired decor and moderate breakfast. However, if you just want a place to rest your head, get ready for a night out and be close to bars/pubs/clubs then this is spot on. Our rooms had enough room for 4 people in each which was brill. Staff were super friendly and accommodating. There were other hen/stag do's which meant noise at night wasnt a problem!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is the worst place I have ever walked into. It makes me ashamed to be British. I wasn't due to stay here, I drove my friend who was visiting me from Australia. She had booked 2 nights via the internet. We arrived at the hotel and she checked in. the girl on Reception was quite nice. The lift was old and small. The corridors were old shabby narrow and dim. Wood chip wallpaper was peeling off. In the room, it looked airy, but on closer inspection the dirt and filth was hanging off the light fitting, and all around the corners of the room was fluff and dirt. My friend used the loo, and when I used it afterwards it would not flush. The water was dribbling, and 15 mins later i still could not pull the flush. We decided to complain and opened the bedroom door to find the manager (I assume) (tall guy. bald, with an eastern european accent) outside with a cleaner. We complained about the dirt on the light fitting and he said .. ok she (pointing to the cleaner) will clean it.. we then mentioned the toilet, and he told us, quite abruptly, that it was an old building 'so get used to it'. (My home is 160 years old with a perfect flush system). We then mentioned the room was dirty and the hotel shabby. He taised his voice, and started screaming at my friend to 'get out'. I then told him that he shouldn't talk to her like that as she was a customer. He looked at me, and again shouted at the top of his voice for us both to get out. We demanded a full refund for my friend, and she found a nice place nearby. Never in all my life has this ever happened to me and all this for £90 a night. A scandal!!!! I was so angry at this total lack of customer service, awful attitude to the customer, and disgusting filth. Please do yourself, and me, a favour - dont even consider this place!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends