“Once you've found the best why settle for less”
Review of Brighton House

Brighton House
Ranked #13 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had stayed in this hotel five years ago and it was as good as we remembered.
A warm welcome after a stressful day and a kind gesture from the owner to celebrate a special birthday.
Wonderfully relaxing rooms with the most delightfully comfortable beds and soft linen. Organic breakfast with something to tempt every palate. Locally sourced produce and friendly service with nothing too much trouble. The location could not be better. Try room 36 for a dreamy over large bed with a balcony to match with sea view. We loved it so much we stayed another night, easily moved to room 39, another comfortable room. Calming décor added to this hotels charm.
We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for such lovely kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

You soon find out on arrival 'The Brighton Hotel' has 70 stairs over six floors, no lift (I knew this before making my booking) but the stairs from the fourth floor to the top floor are very steep and you have to be fit to get up and down them, Certainly not for the un-fit amongst us!!
There are 48 rooms in the Hotel, the room I was in? Was room No 48 right at the top. Yet I booked the Hotel months ago, such is the fate of the single traveller. I was disappointed with the room very small, and some paint falling off the walls in the corner of the room. I have to say the rest of the room was clean and the en-suite OK. The pillows I noticed had stains on them (inside the pillow case) but I only noticed on leaving otherwise I would have complained.
However the 'Breakfast' was 'First Class' could not fault it and also the breakfast service. It's a shame about the steep stairs and small single room otherwise it would have been a pleasant stay. There is no bar or lounge facilities for the guests so its room only here. I would not book this Hotel again as I know I can get better value elsewhere but maybe not as good a breakfast. Such a shame but there it is!! I can forgo the breakfast for better facilities. I have stayed in worse Hotels, but also for the price? A lot better!!

Room Tip: Rooms above the fourth floor have very steep stairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Brighton-House, General Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your review of Brighton House. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the room that you had been allocated. Our budget single rooms are as they are marketed. Very popular with single guests and provide an economic alternative for single travellers on a budget. We do make it very clear to our guests that we do not have a lift and the amount of stairs we have. We hope you find suitable accommodation next time you visit Brighton.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just a few meters to the beach, this Hotels has a great location, with subsidized secure parking just outside. The staff are really friendly and accommodating. I arrived late, and had to call for access - very clear instructions and everything was easy. Room was quiet and well appointed, with all essentials, including free wifi. Great breakfast Buffett with very healthy choices and home made bread. Traditional B&B in s great setting. Will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Brighton-House, General Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review of Brighton House. We are all really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do remember to let us know you are a returning guest to receive your 10% discount.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a double room 47 for single occupancy overlooking Regency Square and my friend 46 on the top floor. Lots of stairs we knew about in advance so not an issue for us. Bed was extremely comfortable, lovely crisp linen. Well stocked tray for tea/ coffee etc. Room size was ok for me.My shower was fine but friends was a bit weak she said. Flat screen tv with good choice of stations. Staff very friendly, helpful and customer focused. Excellent quality products for breakfast and a good choice as other reviews below mention, Super coffee, cheese and ham and prosecco available too. I would definately stay here again. Good location £6 taxi to station or a 12 minute walk.

Room Tip: Low floor if mobility issues
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton-House, General Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review on Brighton House. We are really happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do remember to receive your 10% discount when rebooking with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very friendly hosts. The hotel was clean and the room, while not large, was bright and airy. If you have trouble with stairs I recommend asking for a room on the lower floors, though this did not trouble me.

Very good location, good price and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Brighton-House, General Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of Brighton House. We are all really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Firstly the hosts are the friendliest I've ever encountered staying at a hotel, and have bowls of fruit and cake left out. They also had no problem with me leaving my bag for the day after I had checked out.

The room I staying in, while not large, was bright and airy and a comfortable temperature. Breakfast had a great range of options and was delicious.

The location is perfectly placed for the sea-front, shops, proximity to the rail station and to the main locations of business conferences.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you back any time. Please do book direct with us to take advantage of our returning guest discount!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights in June with 3 friends so there were 4 of us in total. We booked 2 single rooms and 1 twin room. The size of the twin room (No. 38) on the 2nd floor is very good with plenty of space which fit my friend and her daughter perfectly. The other friend stayed at a small double/single room (No. 37) is still good, just like the description in their website. I was allocated to room No. 45 on the 4th floor. I paid for a single room but it's their small double/single room so I was upgraded, I guessed. I didn't mind to climb all those stairs to reach the penthouse but the ventilation of the room especially during day time is no good for me. I need some fresh air to breathe after climbing all those stairs. My friends and I had tried to open the window a little bit but just couldn't.

In my room, one of the two lights in the bathroom was not working during my stay. That was the light near the shower so I had to take shower in the dark. Just like the caption of my review, the showers in all our rooms were very very weak!!! Actually on the last night of our stay, my friend who stayed at Room No. 37 had no water after she put on her shower gel!!! Luckily she had rinsed off her shampoo. Finally she had to use her own towel to get some water from the sink to rinse off the shower gel.

On the whole the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good though I hope they could serve breakfast earlier on Sunday. They start serving breakfast from 8:30 on Sunday but we had to leave on 8:15. They did ask if we need to pack some food though. The home made cake in the reception was yummy but you had to get your piece early on Saturday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found issue with a couple of matters. We are surprised you and your friends had problems with your showers. We wish you had of mentioned it to us as there may of been something we could of fixed as no one else had issues. Same for the window in 45 as it does open (although not fully to avoid any accidents on the top floor). We would of been happy to come up and show you how the window opens. As for the light bulbs, I can only apologise that we didn't notice they had gone while cleaning your room. We do hope you will think of us again should you ever return to Brighton.