“Very nice, well located guest house”
Review of Brighton House

Brighton House
Ranked #12 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a double room 47 for single occupancy overlooking Regency Square and my friend 46 on the top floor. Lots of stairs we knew about in advance so not an issue for us. Bed was extremely comfortable, lovely crisp linen. Well stocked tray for tea/ coffee etc. Room size was ok for me.My shower was fine but friends was a bit weak she said. Flat screen tv with good choice of stations. Staff very friendly, helpful and customer focused. Excellent quality products for breakfast and a good choice as other reviews below mention, Super coffee, cheese and ham and prosecco available too. I would definately stay here again. Good location £6 taxi to station or a 12 minute walk.

Room Tip: Low floor if mobility issues
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton-House, General Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review on Brighton House. We are really happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do remember to receive your 10% discount when rebooking with us.

There are newer reviews for Brighton House

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very friendly hosts. The hotel was clean and the room, while not large, was bright and airy. If you have trouble with stairs I recommend asking for a room on the lower floors, though this did not trouble me.

Very good location, good price and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Brighton-House, General Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of Brighton House. We are all really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Firstly the hosts are the friendliest I've ever encountered staying at a hotel, and have bowls of fruit and cake left out. They also had no problem with me leaving my bag for the day after I had checked out.

The room I staying in, while not large, was bright and airy and a comfortable temperature. Breakfast had a great range of options and was delicious.

The location is perfectly placed for the sea-front, shops, proximity to the rail station and to the main locations of business conferences.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you back any time. Please do book direct with us to take advantage of our returning guest discount!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights in June with 3 friends so there were 4 of us in total. We booked 2 single rooms and 1 twin room. The size of the twin room (No. 38) on the 2nd floor is very good with plenty of space which fit my friend and her daughter perfectly. The other friend stayed at a small double/single room (No. 37) is still good, just like the description in their website. I was allocated to room No. 45 on the 4th floor. I paid for a single room but it's their small double/single room so I was upgraded, I guessed. I didn't mind to climb all those stairs to reach the penthouse but the ventilation of the room especially during day time is no good for me. I need some fresh air to breathe after climbing all those stairs. My friends and I had tried to open the window a little bit but just couldn't.

In my room, one of the two lights in the bathroom was not working during my stay. That was the light near the shower so I had to take shower in the dark. Just like the caption of my review, the showers in all our rooms were very very weak!!! Actually on the last night of our stay, my friend who stayed at Room No. 37 had no water after she put on her shower gel!!! Luckily she had rinsed off her shampoo. Finally she had to use her own towel to get some water from the sink to rinse off the shower gel.

On the whole the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good though I hope they could serve breakfast earlier on Sunday. They start serving breakfast from 8:30 on Sunday but we had to leave on 8:15. They did ask if we need to pack some food though. The home made cake in the reception was yummy but you had to get your piece early on Saturday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found issue with a couple of matters. We are surprised you and your friends had problems with your showers. We wish you had of mentioned it to us as there may of been something we could of fixed as no one else had issues. Same for the window in 45 as it does open (although not fully to avoid any accidents on the top floor). We would of been happy to come up and show you how the window opens. As for the light bulbs, I can only apologise that we didn't notice they had gone while cleaning your room. We do hope you will think of us again should you ever return to Brighton.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Regency Square is about a ten minute walk from Brighton Pier, and perhaps a bit longer from the railway station. It's just opposite the ruined West Pier. The area is 'up and coming' you might say, with the construction of the new viewing tower underway.
Our single rooms were nicely furnished and clean, with very comfortable beds and plenty of top-quality pillows, bother foam and feather. Bathrooms were small but as expected, and very well equipped with toiletries and extra towels. Good shower.
Very nice basket of fruit in rooms, as well as biscuits and a well-equipped tea-making tray. Top marks here. There was a home-mae cake in reception for guests to help themselves to, and we were invited to help ourselves to fruit in the reception area at all times.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, and completely laid back. Just the way I like it.
Breakfast was a highlight, with a huge choice of mostly organic food, boiled eggs, fresh fruit salad, home-made yoghurt, superb toast and the best coffee. I laid in bed anticipating my breakfast every morning! The breakfast room is spacious and elegant.
And to top it all, there's Mr Watts the cat, for those of us who miss our cats when we're on holiday.

Room Tip: Single rooms are at the top of the house and good exercise! There's no lift.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast! We, including Mr Watts, would love to welcome you back any time!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the moment you arrive at this lovely hotel, nothing is too much trouble. The staff are lovely and our room was too; the bed was so very comfortable. Breakfast was great and the location of the hotel is fantastic. I would certainly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying there again when I next visit Brighton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison W
Brighton-House, General Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Reviewed June 21, 2013

From the point of check-in, to check out, the experience was fantastic.

Their website is very forth coming in mentioning that they do not have a lift, and that there are stairs involved. I mention this because other reviewers seem surprised by this.

The hotel does not offer parking, but they mention Regency Secure Parking on their website, and I cannot recommend this car park enough!! If I can do a separate review for them I will, but I have a feeling that TripAdvisor won't have a category for car parks.

Prior to arriving, I prebooked a spot with Dan at Regency. When I arrived, he remembered our email conversation from 2 months prior, including that I was having a rental car. He offered to park the car for me, as the spots are small and tight.

Before booking I was a little apprehensive about using their car park, because from the Google street view it looked like it was in a rough neighbourhood, but once I got there, I was very pleased with the choice.

After meeting Dan, I was 100% pleased with my choice, and Dan gave great tips on things to do while in Brighton.

Back to the hotel...

I was greeted pleasantly when I walked in, everything had been prepaid, so the check in was fast. The room was on the second floor, as I requested, and it was very clean, and stylish with a mix of old and new world.

The bathroom was fine, and small as expected from a UK hotel, but completely usable.

I had a good sleep, and the next morning was greeted with an amazing fresh organic breakfast, with a choice of eggs, breads, jams, breakfast meats, juices, etc. Certainly the best variety of any breakfast I had on the entire trip.

This is a great place to stay in Brighton, and within walking distance of pretty much everything.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SecretSauce
Brighton-House, Manager at Brighton House, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review. We are especially pleased you mention and praise Dan at Regency Secure Parking as he is an asset to all the guest house near by. We really hope you can join us again should you ever be in Brighton again.