“Fab breakfast”
Review of Joe's Cafe

Joe's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 66 Coffee & Tea in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are passionate about food and believe in the power of a great breakfast and a hearty lunch! We pick all of our suppliers carefully to ensure they are top quality and more importantly local. All meat, veg & eggs come straight from Sussex based farms to ensure the food is fresh and traceable. For breakfast we serve everything from a classic fry up to a spicy Spanish hash, all accompanied with quality, freshly ground coffee and delicious cakes.
ridgewood, east sussex
“Fab breakfast”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I literally never have a cooked breakfast out as I am very wary of the quality of meat BUT having read great things about Joes Cafe I decided to give it a to. Oh I am very very glad I did. The food smelt fantastic and not sure how but you could see the quality before you even tasted it. No grease, fantastic meat and lovely bread. A gorgeous hot pot of tea and a jug of fresh water with lemon is free and on a table so you can help yourself if you want it.

• Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Breakfast”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This has to be the best breakfast I've bought, all the produce is locally sourced, so flavoursome, generous portions and cooked perfectly. Excellent value for money.The owners and staff are absolutely lovely and create such a warm and relaxed atmosphere. It's the type of place where you can escape, enjoy great food and feel so welcome, I could've stayed all afternoon!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 206SophieM
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic breakfast”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great tomatoes at last..yellow and red I am smiling. Really good sausage and excellent perfect friend egg I did ask for it sunny side up but it was a perfect egg so we did not do that. Good brown bread. Tea was okay, My friend had a hog roast sandiwch thing that he said was delicious with chutney he is a meat lover...

• Visited April 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My friend and i took a stroll to this cafe the morning after a few drinks. it is situated in a quiet residential area. The cafe was packed with happy customers so we decided to eat outside. We both ordered the big full english breakfast and a filter coffee each. The breakfast is a very high standard. Everything was beautifully cooked right down to the softly grilled tomatoes. The staff were very friendly which leant itself to a lovely atmosphere. if i had one tiny gripe it would be that given we ordered the larger breakfast i would usually expect 2 sausages and maybe 2 eggs, but thats probably just me being greedy, i didnt need any more than i got!

Definitely reccommend

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Balaban1
Nelliekay
“Upmarket but good.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I loved the old Joe's, breakfast's were excellent, atmosphere was good even down to the grumpy chap taking orders!! Depending on time of day it was full of either workmen having breakfast or students from the local college.

But times move on and I recently tried the new Joe's. Bright & airy with nice décor. Has a more upmarket feel. Grumpy old chap has been replaced by pleasant staff!! I had the big breakfast and it was excellent with quality ingredients, with a special mention for the sausages and bacon, delicious. My partners bigger breakfast was just that. Huge!! Prices were good too. Students seem to have de camped elsewhere for their cheesy chip, café now full of locals, many with babies in tow. At times during my breakfast it was like eating in a crèche!!

However food was so good I will be back to making it my regular haunt for my breakfast treat.

However I will be back to being a regular for my breakfast treats,

• Visited January 2014