“Amazing stay.”

Sea Breeze Brighton
Ranked #36 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Beautiful friendly welcome and customer servise from booking to checking out.
Arrived with a warm welcome and Karl could do enough for us.
Room: Amazing, bed was so comfortble and slept like a dream, the room had everything a girl could dream of...hair straightners, hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner, sewing kit, nail file, shower cap.......it was all there! And perfect.
Location was great from town centre and all attractions.
Breakfast was delightful, very yummy. We had a great stay and I will stay again next time I am in Brighton.

Room Tip: Room No.4 very very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Birthday and tenth wedding anniversary rolled into one, and we will definitely be returning. We stayed in the Gold room which was lovely. Not an enormous room but it had everything you need. Huge king size bed (extremely comfortable), wardrobe with plenty of hangers, hair straighteners, slippers, dressing gowns, hairdryer, fresh flowers, hot water botttle, plenty of tea, coffee and hot chocolate, lovely shower, clean bathroom with loads of shampoo, shower gel, moisturiser etc. The list goes on. You also get anytime access to the breakfast area where you can help yourself to fruit, water, milk, homemade cake etc. We had Apple TV in our room so any music or video on your apple device can be streamed through it, or you can access any internet radio. Free wifi with excellent signal strength. It was £180 for the night which I thought was a bit steep when I booked it, but when we left we knew why we'd paid that and we knew we'd be going back. Not only was the place just amazing but the customer service was simply outstanding. Karl knew it was our anniversary and had helped organise the presents I'd had delivered. He also offered us breakfast in bed! This was the best cooked breakfast I think I've ever had, and I've had a few in my time! Amazing stuff. I could have booked a hotel for the price I paid, but I'd have got a sterile room with fewer facilities thrown in, and corporate style customer service which is the last thing I want. Thank you, Karl and Adri. See you again!

Room Tip: Just speak to Karl!
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I would thoroughly recommed Sea Breeze. We stayed in their basic room which was immaculately clean and very comfortable. Nice extras too. Karl and Adri are lovely people and nothing at all was too much trouble for them. It made for a comfortable stress free overnight stay. We will certainly stay again and recommend to any friends who are coming to stay in Brighton.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Upgraded room. great breakfast, great personal touch from Karl & Adri and all the staff, who could ask for more, would stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We didn`t get to stay here in the end but due to booking palava I thought it worth a note of caution for others who may, like me, book on-line (via Agoda, TripAdvisor) only to get an e-mail from the B & B apparently stating a "technical error with the booking system" (e.g human inputing!) and that I should be paying £160, not the £99 I had paid for the room only (apparently this is their `weekday` rate); they initially offered to reduce this to £140 or cancel my booking...in fairness, followed by an offer to stay mid-week upgraded or extend to 2 nights (neither of which fitted in but also I couldn`t understand what the gain was for them doing this bargaining rather than just honouring the original booking??!!)

Whilst I recognise that it`s not their ideal situation and that, of course, they would prefer to get their weekend rate (Can`t believe how over-priced Brighton is generally!!) but I booked & paid in good faith, it`s not my issue that the wrong price was passed on to the site, arguably that`s human error to learn from; I was genuinely taken aback that I was entering into a bargaining discussion about it. I think it`s a real reflection on the moral values of a business that expects customers to make up for their mistakes; to offer one price & then change it once it`s gone through, particularly when there is not any loss margin or consequence. I would`ve thought good, honest customer service would be of more value but I guess they know they`ll get their rooms filled whatever; So, that`s that, I`d double check any `offers` you come across before parting with your money...

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WestCountryMolly
SeaBreezeBrighton, General Manager at Sea Breeze Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Customer service is where we pride ourselves and we really do try to please all the people all the time, if fact, we go out of our way on occasions because we want your stay to be a pleasurable and memorable one.

This was a genuine technical error and many many apologies were sent and rejected. Its not possible to buy a Saturday night stay anywhere for the price the customer booked. We believe it was obvious it was a mistake.

If you are in any doubt about booking, give us a call and we can talk your requirement through with you - 0844 736 1847.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had booked a bronze room as we were just looking for somewhere cheap and convenient for visiting a relative in the area but were very pleasantly suprised with an upgrade. The room was clean and well equiped with a iron, ironing board, plenty of plug sockets, a small flat screen TV with freeview channels, a fridge and kettle. The bathroom was small but again the little touches made it great, there were disposable shower caps, cotton balls and buds and nail file, shamoo, conditioner, shower gel, hand wash and hand cream. The beds and pillows were lovely and I slept well. There is a breakfast service, although we didn't eat breakfast there, the cost was reasonable and the breakfast room looked very inviting.

The owner/staff could not have been more helpful and friendly, it is clear to see they take great pride in the running of the establishment and providing a first class service, certainly better than staying in a chain hotel.

Overall, if you are looking for somewhere cosy, comfortable and near the sea I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: The room we had was small but adequate for us for 2 nights, if you need more space consider taking o...
1  Thank samkev77
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed for one night before meeting some friends in the area and we wanted a cheap place to sleep after a long drive, we had the smallest and last available room and I have to say, even without meeting Adri or Karl, we were made to feel welcome and trusted.

The whole place is well decorated and thought out, ensuite bathroom with toiletries that were great to use unlike some hotel chains. Some of the small things like cold filtered water available from the dining room and having a key code for the door made a big difference.

I would certainly stay here again over any large hotel chain and hopefully next time book in advance to get a bigger room.

Set in the middle of Kemp Town, the buzz of the bars and restaurants is not far away but there was no noise heard from the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple