“Very nice and should get better :)”
Review of 64 Degrees

64 Degrees
Ranked #14 of 1,140 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in the Brighton Lanes, 64 Degrees is a small restaurant with an open kitchen by Great British Menu finalist Michael Bremner. Our passionate chefs concoct an evolving menu of tasty small plates using fresh, local produce. We hold a Bib Gourmand by Michelin and won Best Restaurant at the Brighton & Hove Food Awards 2014/2015. We were voted 16th in the National Restaurant top 100 list 2016 as well as being voted number 1 restaurant at the Brighton's Best restaurant awards 2016 & 2017.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very nice and should get better :)”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Went on Friday for first time.
Busy, open kitchen- we didn't sit at the bar but would try to next time.

As its so small it has a kinda Chili Pickle from 2008 feel about it, get in there before it gets big.

Very nice selection of dishes - salmon, mackerel, game, veg.
All served in a sensible order and some really great tasting stuff, not far off Maze in places. Seasonal grub, the charred lettuce and potatoes were / are something to behold.

Think the popularity has taken front of house by surprise as there are a few kooky goings on there- missed dishes / wrong wine / confusion but it'll sort itself out I'm sure. Not always easy in such a small place.

Really really good little restaurant,
Thanks to everyone there for a good night

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Visited today with my daughter for lunch exceptional food and service very good atmosphere and staff could not have been nicer will definitely go back

• Visited November 2013
“If you fancy something a little bit different ...”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were away for a girly weekend to celebrate my friends 40th and I booked this restaurant for a bit of fun. We were all very pleasantly surprised. The tapas style quirky dishes were a delight and most of all yummy. It was great to watch the food be prepared before our eyes ... The chefs pay so much attention to detail it was like having your own personal chef. The menu is unusual and quirky but if your up for something different and you enjoy amazing tasting food then this is the place for you. I recommend you book in advance as we saw many many people being turned away. The restaurant is very small but we felt this made it feel more exclusive. My only criticism was that the chairs were not very comfortable ... May I suggest some cushions? I can't wait to go back and take my husband. Thank you!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delectable! Delicious!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I tried to book 64 degrees for Saturday night but unfortunately they were fully booked! I decided to go for lunch instead and was not disappointed - this place is an absolute gem! The team were all really friendly and the food was absolutely exquisite! Two of us chose 5 plates between us and cannot fault a single thing placed in front of us! I would particularly recommend the pheasant and the sticky toffee pudding was the best I have ever tasted. I will definitely visit next time I am in brighton!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Superb food and a unique experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I can only concur with my fellow reviewers in saying that 64 Degrees is a great place to dine in. The restaurant is small, intimate, noisy and I expect it to be crowded when you visit. The seating layout is not traditional, more Teppanyaki style where you can be seated in bar style seats directly facing the chefs, watching them delicately plate your food.

Front of house staff are informal, friendly and efficient. The menu is relatively small with maybe 16 tapas style plates for you to savour. And savour them you will. I went with three members of my family and this enabled us to sample most of the restaurant's offerings and many of them are classics. I could detail and describe all the dishes we devoured but I think that may spoil your own experience so I will restrict myself to three. We all agreed that the chicken wings, normally a fairly routine dish, were absolutely fantastic. They are cooked in spices and come with a blue cheese sauce and a very tasty crisp bread. For the carnivore, the brisket rib with red cabbage is a rich and sumptuous dish. Our favourite vegetarian option was the cauliflower, served raw with pomegranate seeds in a curry-based sauce.

Desserts are great too.

Interacting and being served some of the dishes by the chef heightened our dining experience. Watching the chefs plate directly in front of you is also very interesting and informative. Tantalising also as you wait for it to be served.

A really fun and lively restaurant serving quality food. Highly recommended.

1 Thank kempr52