See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this "Hotel" as it is called & was really disappointed. It is little more than a 1-star B&B & definitely NOT the 4-star it claims. Prices are way too high for the amenities & have paid less than half (was charged£125/night with 3rd night free) for far better facilities in Devon. The bathroom was literally a closet & the rooms VERY dated. Heating was very poor & could not be adjusted & the room was very draughty with wind coming in through the window frames. Breakfast wasn’t bad. On checkout, staff told me the parking had gone up & was now £25 for 3 days, whereas the website stated £5/day, which I refused to pay. Would I stay there again... a definite NO. Felt I had been ripped-off & left a very bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Shane S
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend and were not surprised to have the smallest and possibly most dated room. The staff were helpful and the breakfast amazing. However we both suffered from extreme itching and have left the hotel with more than 10 itchy bites each. Not always wise to stay in dog friendly hotel. Take some flea powder

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fiona J
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Please take note of the reviews that tell you how poor the rooms are, we booked this in a rush for New Year, as places were filling fast. Looked okay on website, then saw reviews a little later. Believe me, the ones telling you it's not great are spot on. The hotel is in a good spot, but it is very dated and tired. Our room was clean, but the quality poor. The back was falling off the wardrobe, and the room looked like it had not been decorated in twenty odd years. At night it wasn't very quiet, with doors banging and people walking by our room door. The breakfast was okay, if a little too slow on getting to us. I have to say, I have been in B&Bs at two thirds of the price of this place for a night, and they have been 10 time better. This has the potential to be a great place if it were to be facelifted, as its in such a good spot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David65Hertfordshire
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel 3 nights (31st of Dec to the 3rd of January), great location close to all the night life, our room (number 4) was really nice although no sea views however, it was really clean with plenty towels! Breakfast stunning, a lot of different choices from a menu and local products that it was even better. The 2 Spanish gentlemen working there were very friendly and very helpful too. The rest of the staff could be slighly friendly towards the customers. I can not faulty the b&b although I was very concerned due to some reviews here. On a whole, really nice stay and I definently I will come back to this hotel. Raquel (room 4)

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Raquel_144
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Got a great deal on a two night stay through a daily deal site and my expectations weren't high after reading some reviews on here but actually had a very pleasant stay. It's not the most up-to-date building in Brighton but our room was of decent size (only booked a double but got a family room) had modern decoration, was spotlessly clean, had a decent en suite, nice and warm, digital TV with USB port (very handy as weather was terrible so spent a lot of our stay in our room). The only negatives were a few too many stairs and our door being far from sound-proof.
Breakfast was great with a good range of locally sourced food cooked perfectly to order and on our first morning my partner couldn't make it down for breakfast so the staff gladly delivered a full breakfast to our room with no charge, so those that have moaned about staff not being too friendly, I thought this was great customer service.
I travel down to Brighton often, have stayed in a lot worse for a lot more but would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you struggle with stairs, request a room on the lower levels. Also, if you're an early or late riser, just ask about breakfast at different times.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple