See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Please take note of the reviews that tell you how poor the rooms are, we booked this in a rush for New Year, as places were filling fast. Looked okay on website, then saw reviews a little later. Believe me, the ones telling you it's not great are spot on. The hotel is in a good spot, but it is very dated and tired. Our room was clean, but the quality poor. The back was falling off the wardrobe, and the room looked like it had not been decorated in twenty odd years. At night it wasn't very quiet, with doors banging and people walking by our room door. The breakfast was okay, if a little too slow on getting to us. I have to say, I have been in B&Bs at two thirds of the price of this place for a night, and they have been 10 time better. This has the potential to be a great place if it were to be facelifted, as its in such a good spot.

1  Thank David65Hertfordshire
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel 3 nights (31st of Dec to the 3rd of January), great location close to all the night life, our room (number 4) was really nice although no sea views however, it was really clean with plenty towels! Breakfast stunning, a lot of different choices from a menu and local products that it was even better. The 2 Spanish gentlemen working there were very friendly and very helpful too. The rest of the staff could be slighly friendly towards the customers. I can not faulty the b&b although I was very concerned due to some reviews here. On a whole, really nice stay and I definently I will come back to this hotel. Raquel (room 4)

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Raquel_144
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Got a great deal on a two night stay through a daily deal site and my expectations weren't high after reading some reviews on here but actually had a very pleasant stay. It's not the most up-to-date building in Brighton but our room was of decent size (only booked a double but got a family room) had modern decoration, was spotlessly clean, had a decent en suite, nice and warm, digital TV with USB port (very handy as weather was terrible so spent a lot of our stay in our room). The only negatives were a few too many stairs and our door being far from sound-proof.
Breakfast was great with a good range of locally sourced food cooked perfectly to order and on our first morning my partner couldn't make it down for breakfast so the staff gladly delivered a full breakfast to our room with no charge, so those that have moaned about staff not being too friendly, I thought this was great customer service.
I travel down to Brighton often, have stayed in a lot worse for a lot more but would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you struggle with stairs, request a room on the lower levels. Also, if you're an early or late riser, just ask about breakfast at different times.
1  Thank tetleybear
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The hotel is near the seafront and close (walking distance) to all the main attractions and nice parts of the city. But the hotel itself is probably the worst I've ever been in! Very old building desperately needing maintenance (or demolition...), with a long walk (no lift) to the 3rd floor with the bags. The room was small (1 single bed and 1 couple, not very comfortable), the carpet was 500 years old, the toilet was smaller than some closets I've seen... Surely, not to repeat. Next time, I have to make sure I handle the booking!!! The only thing good was the breakfast, but the time was not suitable for early risers: 8-10 am.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Nuno R
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Ambassador is located in a nice part of town, and is very close to the seafront. Our room was a decent size and the bed was very comfortable, breakfast was cooked well and there was a good range of food on offer. However, a lot of the furniture in the hotel, really wasn't up to standard and the whole place could do with updating, or a downgrade in the star system as we didn't think it was four star. We had a less than friendly greeting upon arrival and the guy cooking breakfast didn't hide his displeasure when we came down for breakfast at 9 (bear in mind that breakfast was from 8-9.30). The B&B has a lot of potential but it needs an overhaul and the staff who, let's be frank are in the hospitality industry would do well to remember it.

1  Thank SouthYorks123