“Will be back”
Review of Brightonwave

Brightonwave
Ranked #14 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I think my husband and I have finally found the independent accommodation in Brighton we have looking for. We had the garden room which was spacious and kitted out with everything you could want. Only niggle with this the room and it it is the only thing that stops us giving 5 stars is the hand held shower over the bath. The bed was fantastic and we both loved the breakfast, it was prefect. Hope to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

After the rave reviews on here, I had to check this place out for myself... And what can I say, it certainly met my expectations and more from beginning to end.

Upon arrival we were met by Richard, who was extremely friendly and helpful and you felt like nothing was too much trouble. And also offered some bery helpful info about the area.

The hotel was spotless and kitted out in a very tasteful, modern style.

We stayed in room 6 which is the king double room and it was perfectly size for the 2 of us (and then some more room on top of that!)

The extra little touches really made the stay, such as the selection of free to use DVDs (which is a really good up to date selection) and the availability of free bottled water and fresh fruits, milk and biscuits. I also really liked the selection of sweets/chocolates in the room. The information booklet in the room is also a great touch! And the use of ice and ice buckets.

The Brightonwave has won a "breakfast award" and I can see why... Both days the breakfast was delicious! (The scrambled eggs probably up with the best I ever had!

All in all, I cant recommend this place enough. The B&B is clean, modern and run by two very friendly help hosts in Richard & Simon, and is located just of James St which has plenty of bars, restaurants and shops to choose from, and just a 5 minute walk from the pier.

Next time I stay in Brighton I will definitely be staying at Brightonwave!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night for a weekend visit to Brighton. The owners were incredibly friendly, the room was immaculate and very well equipped. We really loved the extra touches such as chocolate in the room and chilled water in the fridge. Parking was easy in the nearby roads and breakfast in the morning was delicious. The information book in the room was also very useful. We stayed in the four poster double which was a lovely size, complete with a little balcony and a sea view which was bliss to sit out on in the warm evenings and morning. We will definitely be staying here again and really can't wait until our next visit.

Room Tip: I believe some of the rooms are compact so if you want plenty of space I can recommend the Four post...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was our first time at Brightonwave and it will certainly not be our last! We were welcomed so warmely, and looked after so well. We stayed at the Garden Room which is a gift that kept on giving... Omg it was comfortabe, spacious, there was a continuous supply of water and milk in the fridge, tea/coffee and sweets and chocs! Super clean, not a hair or fingerprint in sight. Lush bathrobes and slippers, lovely bedding and towels, a fan AND a heater if you need them, mood lights, an idock, big TV, nice art on the walls, pleasant decor, and our own little garden! With water feature! And lights to make it pretty at night. Surprisingly quiet, I was not woken once. Oh the breakfast was soo yummy-I had the pancakes, my partner had the English breakfast, and our hosts remembered our preferences.

This place and its owners exceeded every expectation-World class service-Bravo.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank the0wls
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned home having spent a very pleasant weekend at this very good quality Bed and Breakfast. Excellent location, a warm welcome from the proprietors and a very well equipped and clean establishment. Breakfast was first class, from full English (and a vegetarian option) to individually made pancakes with fresh fruit. Street parking (vouchers £9 per 24 hours). My only criticism is that our room (and bed) were rather small. To be fair it was described as 'a compact double'. Our friends had the 'garden room' which was much more spacious. We would stay again if in Brighton but would book early to ensure we had a larger room.

Room Tip: Book early if you can. Room sizes (but not the quality) vary.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank oldrunnerExeter
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have now stayed at this hotel 4 times whilst in Brighton and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting a break in the town. Richard and Simon are both so welcoming and the rooms are nicely decorated and equipped. We stayed in the Garden room which when the weather is nice gives you some extra room, the garden is well maintained and the fairy lights around it make it a lovely space to sit on a warm evening. Breakfasts are prepared to order and there is a varied menu. There are 8 rooms so it is only fairly small but this keeps it friendly and a great place to stay. We were there in the middle of the bin strike but happy to report that it is now sorted and had all been cleaned up by Saturday 22nd June when we left.

Room Tip: Garden room gives you a bit of extra outdoor space, but other rooms have balconys which look down Ma...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlisonJG25
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Warm and welcoming hosts, in a fresh, clean and very pleasant "home from home".

Located just up from the beach, this gem is situated amongst a terrace of other hotels - and probably be best to keep it secret for fear of becoming too popular! Bright and comfortable rooms, with en suites - bedding is lovely (I hate cheap scratchy or tired bedding and this it ain't!!) and good quality towels. TV, complimentary tea and coffees, quality soaps and shampoos available to use. The room was quiet and relaxing.
The hosts will look after you and indulge you in a high grade breakfast with good quality coffee to set you up for the morning. This prepared and presented whilst you relax with the papers in the communal dining room. A treat and thanks for making me feel very welcome guys. Will return and highly recommend.

Room Tip: I can only go by the two I saw - The basement rooms - don'd be put off by that word - these are...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends