“A very pleasant weekend”
Review of Brightonwave

Brightonwave
Ranked #13 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned home having spent a very pleasant weekend at this very good quality Bed and Breakfast. Excellent location, a warm welcome from the proprietors and a very well equipped and clean establishment. Breakfast was first class, from full English (and a vegetarian option) to individually made pancakes with fresh fruit. Street parking (vouchers £9 per 24 hours). My only criticism is that our room (and bed) were rather small. To be fair it was described as 'a compact double'. Our friends had the 'garden room' which was much more spacious. We would stay again if in Brighton but would book early to ensure we had a larger room.

Room Tip: Book early if you can. Room sizes (but not the quality) vary.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank oldrunnerExeter

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have now stayed at this hotel 4 times whilst in Brighton and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting a break in the town. Richard and Simon are both so welcoming and the rooms are nicely decorated and equipped. We stayed in the Garden room which when the weather is nice gives you some extra room, the garden is well maintained and the fairy lights around it make it a lovely space to sit on a warm evening. Breakfasts are prepared to order and there is a varied menu. There are 8 rooms so it is only fairly small but this keeps it friendly and a great place to stay. We were there in the middle of the bin strike but happy to report that it is now sorted and had all been cleaned up by Saturday 22nd June when we left.

Room Tip: Garden room gives you a bit of extra outdoor space, but other rooms have balconys which look down Ma...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlisonJG25
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Warm and welcoming hosts, in a fresh, clean and very pleasant "home from home".

Located just up from the beach, this gem is situated amongst a terrace of other hotels - and probably be best to keep it secret for fear of becoming too popular! Bright and comfortable rooms, with en suites - bedding is lovely (I hate cheap scratchy or tired bedding and this it ain't!!) and good quality towels. TV, complimentary tea and coffees, quality soaps and shampoos available to use. The room was quiet and relaxing.
The hosts will look after you and indulge you in a high grade breakfast with good quality coffee to set you up for the morning. This prepared and presented whilst you relax with the papers in the communal dining room. A treat and thanks for making me feel very welcome guys. Will return and highly recommend.

Room Tip: I can only go by the two I saw - The basement rooms - don'd be put off by that word - these are...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

What can I say, excellent, outstanding - the attention to detail is/was second to none. I loved the pot with the chocolates in the room, quality bathroom shower gel and moisturiser and the whole decoration of the hotel. I stayed the 10th and 11th April 2013 for my first visit to Brighton and was warmly welcomed at the hotel and given a very helpful explanation of the different areas of the city on a map and good restaurants to eat at, also nothing was too much trouble if I wanted to use anything in the kitchen or help myself to more things to nibble on or drink I was welcomed to do so. The hotel is also excellently situated for restaurants and bars along St James' Street which I sampled in the evening. I'm sorry it's taken my so long to write this review and I can't wait to go back and stay next year.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed May 28, 2013

visited recently with a group of friends,
rooms were great - clean, spacious, comfy beds and with great attention to detail (loved that we had a corkscrew and mini fridge in the room)
breakfast was delicious, could happily have stayed longer to try out more options (meat and veggie options)
great location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are spacious, though could be a little noisy (though the road is not a main one...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I go to Brighton every year for our anniversary. We had the garden room with the whirlpool bath. What a fantastic treat. The owners couldn't do enough for you, the breakfast selection is top notch and the place is spotless. Located close to the pier and the heart of Brighton I would highly recommend A stay here. Not your usual B&B, more like a boutique hotel. Superb.

Dave W

Room Tip: If available try and book the garden room. The whirlpool bath and size of bed is a real treat.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave W
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Richard and Simon were the perfect proprietors - from the warm welcome on arrival, with tips for our stay, to the taxi arranged for departure. Their friendly, approachable and thoughtful manner was demonstrated in so many ways:-
...newspapers and complimentary fruit in the Dining Room.
...irons, ironing boards and kitchen fridge for guests' use.
...hairdryer, fan, fan heater and clock in our room, with plenty of mirrors to suit all needs.
...large bottled water, replaced daily, and a container with various chocolate bars - a nice touch!
...computer, printer and wi-fi in the Dining Room with a good choice of DVDs for use with the bedroom TV and DVD player.

The breakfast was excellent - well presented with plenty of choice on the menu, which catered for vegetarians and guests with special dietary needs. We were sorry that we didn't get the chance to taste the pancakes with fruit but that's just one of the many reasons why we'll stay again at Brightonwave.

There are various sized rooms 'to suit one's pocket'. Ours was spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel. There was constant hot water and luxurious toiletries. We came back one day to find that the heated towel rail had been switched on to dry our towels - another nice touch. The proximity of the hotel to the beach, Pier, Wheel and The Lanes is a bonus, as is the lovely family-run Italian Restaurant, Capannina, only a few doors away from the hotel.

If you read other reviews, you'll probably be thinking that 'it's all too good to be true', but it ISN'T!! Richard and Simon are 'gems' and we're already looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Look at the photos and descriptions on Brightonwave's own web-site.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple