“Great place to stay but shame about.....”

Ibis Brighton City Centre Station
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 1, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

There are newer reviews for Ibis Brighton City Centre Station

Reviewed August 30, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Convenient for station & buses. Staff very helpful, breakfast selection good and well prepared. Able to accommodate my preferences as far as possible with no hassle even though very busy bank holiday. Changed me to different room when air con broke down without being prompted. No complaints!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post you comments online. I have noted your comments regarding the aircon and was very happy to read that it was dealt with swiftly and you found the staff helpful and accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'll start by saying the hotel is great. Nice to see an new build with good rooms enter the Brighton scene.

I booked 2 rooms for Sat 27th July. Upon our arrival we were told rooms were not vacant - we arrived at 14.30, and that we'd have to wait until occupants from the night before vacate. I'm sorry but isn't it the hotels obligation to ensure all visitors vacate their rooms on time? Staff were helpful and it felt that we were being blamed for the hotels failure to enforce its check policy. Once the room became free it took them over 30mins just to book us in. It appeared the member of staff had no clue how to use the system and had to call the duty manager who dealt with the problem almost immediately. It was frustrating.

Other than the early teething problems, with the hotel just opening, it is a great location and very reasonable in price. I'm positive that we just had to be the 'one' that has the early issues. I would recommend the hotel non the less.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee T
Dominic S, General Manager at Ibis Brighton City Centre Station, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read of your experiences on check in especially as check in time is midday. On the odd occasion it may happen that we do not have a room ready, but staff have been trained to ensure that guests are made to feel comfortable and relaxed in our bar lounge area whilst a room is prepared post-haste and I sincerely apologise that this was not your experience. We do sincerely appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to the hotel soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed August 27, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Checking in didn't go well - not for me personally, that was no problem but there was a queue in front and only one under pressure person to deal with it, while at least three others appeared to be sauntering around and not helping other guests in line.
That said once we made it to the front, we were dealt with quickly and by a very friendly chap. The room was great and the wet room pod was fantastic.
Bar prices were prohibitive but it was very welcoming and stylishly decorated.
Immaculately clean and comfortable throughout.
We shall return I'm sure.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online and rating us with 4 stars. I was very happy to read that once you finally got to check in, the very friendly chap on reception made up for the wait, however as you mentioned I would have anticipated a more proactive approach from the F&B team to assist where possible. I have also noted your feedback about the bar and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I work in Brighton annually and stay at the Jury's Inn by the station. For a last minute trip with my daughter, we wanted a central location, secure parking and a quiet clean room at a budget price.

We were not disappointed. The hotel is new and very clean. The twin room was very spacious and the bathroom, with disabled facilities, was huge.

The beds looked rather small, but were very comfortable. Even though we were on a busy road, the room was quiet and we had a good night's sleep.

Reception suggested secure parking nearby, which was ideal.

Would recommend for a clean, modern cost effective stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences on line. Although I was happy to read your comments and receive the overall 4 star rating, I was disappointed to see the 3 star rating for service. If you would please be so kind to contact me on h6444-gm@accor.com to elaborate, would be sincerely appreciated so that we can improve on your next visit? We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to the hotel soon. Kindest regards, Dominic Sauls