“Brilliant Sunday Lunch”

The Southover
Ranked #510 of 1,111 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Thai, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Brilliant Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't decide which meat to choose because all sounded great and friends had told me they were. Ended up with all three for the same price as one. Vegetables excellent and plentiful. I could not eat a desert but companions did and I just wished I had been able to squeeze a bit more food in. Friendly staff, great outdoor eating/drinking area. A little gem.

London, United Kingdom
“Good craft beer and wine selection”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Living not far from here we come here quite a lot for a quiet drink and glass of vino. This pub has been updated since it was the "pub with no name" so a lot lighter with better garden area, although this is really more like a smoking area.

They sell american craft beers and interesting local ales also. Nice to come to escape the tourists in the summer!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank auditmunki
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great pub with a really good range of beers”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Really friendly Brighton pub, with an excellent range of local beers and some from further afield. The landlord was very engaging and knew all the beers on offer, with advice on what to try.

They also offer a Thai food menu, of which we sampled several dishes....delicious!

Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2014
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“The BEST sticky toffee pudding!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

A small group of us decided to visit for Sunday lunch and we were very impressed! I chose the chicken with bread sauce - I'd have preferred the sauce warm but otherwise it was delicious. Great selection of veg (esp. the red cabbage) and huge Yorkshire puddings. For dessert I had the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream, which was equally lovely. One disappointment though was the service, the girls on the bar were really sweet but one half of our table's meals did take a while to arrive, by the time they did, my friend and I had almost finished! Despite this, we'd definitely come again, the atmosphere was great too, very cosy - perfect for a lazy Sunday.

• Visited December 2013