“I should have read the reviews!”
Review of The Bandstand

The Bandstand
Ranked #341 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Another terrible review I'm afraid, bad service bad food. Simple. But saying that I made a polite complaint and the whole bill ( 2 salads, bread and drinks) was deducted and the manager was apologetic. I'm sure it's fine for drinks but not much else.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

...coffee served with hot milk, relaxing atmosphere, we weren't hurried and there was room for the scooter outside. Excellent service.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

fantastic service as usual always a pleasure as i live near in Brighton its a great start to my morning as the coffee is one of the best in town and the bar guy really knows is stuff plus the coffee is a great deal better than most of the chains and the staff are always more friendly

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We are locals and when The Banstand first opened it was fab for a seafront drink. Since then we have given it many chances because of its location - but the service is Dire, words fail me.

We went tonight for the last time - to be told the "kitchen was closed" (at 6.15 pm) so olives and nuts weren't available -& having waited 8 minutes for a wine and juice - we left.

We will not return. The service is mega slow, a lackadaisical attitude by the staff.. all in all a thorough disappointment.

1  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Having had drinks in The Bandstand one evening, my friends decided to have lunch in the same venue the next day. I was the only one who did not wish to as the piped music seemed to drown out parts of the conversation. The next day our group did sit down to lunch and the food was good. It was well presented and prepared, but was on par with pub grub, which I am sure would have been cheaper. Some of the previous comments relate to the staff. On our first visit the staff were wonderful and welcoming. Unfortunately when we had lunch the next day, the young man who served us seemed to think that snide comments were acceptable. They are not in this environment acceptable in any circumstances, hence the reason, we would never visit again.