“Delicious!”
Review of FilFil

FilFil
Ranked #125 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic middle eastern home made falafel following a 30year old recipe developed by our family ,served with fresh salad and home made homous .
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Was strolling through the North Laines yesterday & saw this new shop selling falafel, I had tried this a few years in Covent Garden & liked it so thought I'd give them a try. I wasn't disappointed, while I was deciding what to order they gave me a free sample of one of the fresh falafel they had just made, apparently this is a custom which I though was a nice touch. I went for the wrap & a cold beer & sat in the window watching the world go by. The owner came over & offered me there flavoured water which was free & had cucumber in it, another nice touch. In this day an age where attention to detail & service seems to be missing this place is certainly going to be somewhere I visit often, I hope they succeed as they deserve to. Oh and the food tasted lovely by the way!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kazbar128

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Something a little different...”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Brighton's North Laine area is jam packed with lots of delis, sandwich shops and coffee bars. Looking for an early lunch, we noticed that there are so many offering various gourmet sandwiches but in essence, appear a little samey.

FilFil is different in that it offers Middle Eastern cuisine - namely falafel, halloumi and 'pickley' salads. We stopped off there on a number of occasions for their falafel pitta which was freshly cooked from scratch and generous in its portions. At £5 a pop it is arguably a little more expensive than others but well worth it.

The place gets very busy around 2pm time but we found it nonetheless quick in serving up the goods!

1 Thank mattgrant361
Olney, Bucks
“Excellent, cheap feel good food”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate here on Saturday evening as the sun was going down in North Laine. The chap working there (seemed like the owner) was very friendly and chatty and made us feel welcome with our toddler, promptly offering a highchair as soon as he saw us. The food was marvellous and they even do a smaller kids meal option with chips which was a fun treat for my little girl who hadn’t ever eaten falafel before but will do again now I think. All in all, an excellent restaurant. Though I do still miss Red Veg which used to be on this site! We will definitely return!

1 Thank katecarter
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Had my fill!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visited this eatery on a very busy Saturday lunchtime. The Lanes were packed and we came across this fab place. When we came in all the tables were clear despite being busy and the waitress told us to sit down and relax and gave us a glass of water that had lemon and cucumber to flavour it.

We feasted on a mezze plate and a pitta bread full of salad, tahini and freshly made falafel. Really enjoyed it. The service was fast and friendly. Loos clean too. A another welcome vegetarian addition to the Brighton Lanes. Really reasonably priced and great food.

Would recommend and will visit again.

1 Thank Greymalkin_10
surrey
“Brill!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Me and my wife sat slap bang in the middle of a very busy and bustling north lane after the Gay pride parade and had a lovely lunch of mezze with bread and coffee to finish, great value for money.
we had a large plate of humous, salad and very tasty falafels. You can choose lots of variations and we got chilli, lemon and olive oil as well as some really nice yoghurt/sesame dip.
The staff were great, particularly the lovely lady with the dark hair who served us. She might have been the owner for all I know but she was very helpful and happy.
First time we'd been there and we're in Brighton a lot. Would go again without a second thought.

1 Thank tony20121212