“Don't go here if you don't like meat”
Review of Smokeys

Smokeys
Reserve with OpenTable
Smokeys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Smokeys, a slice of American heaven by the British seaside.We've taken the best of classic roadside cuisine from the heart of the States, added a pinch of spice from South of the border, and brought it on home to Brighton. We proudly serve California Brunch and Texas BBQ, freshly prepared with love and care from the finest local ingredients for your dining delight, day and night.Smokeys offers Brighton something new and something special - a celebration of satisfying American cuisine, lovingly crafted from the very best local ingredients.Inspired by a trip to the California desert, where good food well-cooked is a part of everyday life, we wanted to bring that delicious home-cooked taste back to Brighton.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Don't go here if you don't like meat”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Amazing , proper BBQ food . Ribs and pulled pork some of the best I have had .
Pulled pork fajitas amazing and worth a try .
Best sweet potato fries I have had anywhere .
As I said in the title don't bother coming here if you're a veggie

• Visited January 2014

Worthing, England, United Kingdom
“gorgeous food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

After a recommendation from a friend and reading reviews on trip advisor, we decided to book a table on Saturday night. On arrival, it looked empty but little did we know that they also had a large room attached to the left of the entrance. That's where everyone was hiding on a wet Saturday night at the beginning of January!
The staff were very welcoming, friendly and attentive. They were happy to explain any of the dishes on the menu. We decided on a sharing platter for 2 for starters, that we shared between 3 of us. The stuffed jalapeños were hot! But luckily I avoided them, unlike my friends!
For main I had bbq pulled pork and an enormous amount of fries, with a hint of salad instead of the coleslaw. My friends had the ribs, beef brisket and chorizo fajitas. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals, but we could see lots of other diners leaving with brown paper bags. Leftovers I suspect, as the portions were huge and too nice to leave.
I really wanted to try a dessert but unfortunately didn't have any room! The desserts were American in style including a banana split, pancakes, waffles and a cobbler.

• Visited January 2014
“YUM YUM”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am a bit confused by some of the bad reviews on here. Ok, you are not going to get a balanced meal at Smokey's. Salad or veg seems to be a swear word in this restaurant, but that is fine with me because I came for the MEAT!!

Slow cooked in the smoker, you can smell it as soon as you walk in. Mouths watering in anticipation, we ordered a combo of brisket and pulled pork, and a portion of ribs. Both came with fries, although we swapped one portion for sweet potato chips for a bit of variety.

The chips were chips, not hand cut three times cooked, just chips. But who cares, as they were sat next to some of the tastiest most melt in the mouth meat I have eaten in a restaurant. This is how meat should always be; slow cooked, flavoursome and abundant! I love ribs, I've eaten a lot of ribs. These ribs were up there with the best, and that's a big call.

I can't comment on the rest of the menu, I wasn't interested in burgers or chips or salads that day. I wanted decent slow cooked BBQ meat, and that is most certainly what I got.

Alas, we couldn't finish all the food, so they boxed it up for us to take home.

Good service, nice restaurant(a little hard to spot underground there), GREAT MEAT!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pop-tart101
London, United Kingdom
“Little secret :)”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a great place to eat - especially if you like BIG portions!
great American style food, and good selection of beers too.

You would miss it under the basement of a hotel if you passed by, but do stop in and check it out.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Really good food!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Ate at Smokey's on NYE – the food was really really good and the service fantastic! Two of us shared the 'smaller' of the two platters available on the menu and we couldn't finish it! So much food!
The pulled pork was particularly good. Will definitely come back again if visiting Brighton

• Visited December 2013