“Great breakfast”

The New Club
Ranked #73 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: LA indie coffee house meets New York bar and diner - innovative modern American food. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Established locally and nationally for great coffee, food and cocktails. Centrally located on Brighton seafront with outside patio seating and fantastic sea views. Children's menu, baby changing facilities & free wifi. Well behaved dogs welcome.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Super friendly service. Good food. Good drink. Wish was closer to home. Very nicr atmosphere. Liked the bears head.

Cathiejs, Owner at The New Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. Barry the bear has been with us for a while now, but not everyone notices him..

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Our group of 13 dined at the New Club in May 2013 after booking a table very last minute. The pan fried fish I had was fantastic; both the fish and the accompanying veggies super rich in flavor. One of the best fish dishes I´ ve had in a long time. The others were very pleased with their burgers, and the drinks that had espresso in them. The lime cheese cake perhaps lacked a little bit of sugar. I enjoyed the understated decor and especially the sea view. Only minus was too loud music which made it hard to hear others, but the staff did reduce the volume upon our request. All in all a very good experience, will absolutely be back next time I visit Brighton.

Cathiejs, Owner at The New Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. It annoys me too when I'm in a restaurant and I can't hear other people speak, so I'm 100% with you on that one. We do monitor it but we have very sensitive volume control so some tracks play louder than others, which I think is part of the problem. We are also developing our playlists to suit different times of day and will get it right in time. We're always happy to turn it down, so never be afraid to ask.. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was on a daytrip to Brighton with some friends and looking for a nice venue on the seafront for a relaxed lunch. I thought the lovely interiors (funky, New York bistro vibe) gave the impression that this would be a good bet... And I was certainly not disappointed. The menu had lots of options to suit any taste and many dishes had an interesting twist beyond just the standard cafe fare. I HIGHLY recommend that you try the Dirty Burger! We were lucky with the weather and snatched up a table in the sunshine out front with a view over the shoreline. Perfect weekend lunchtime!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The decor furniture cutlery all cool, clean and appealing.

The menu simple, honest but special.

My wife and I went for lunch on our respective lunch breaks. We decied to eat here because it look clean and had a brunch menu which looked very tasty. Here comes the main downer and its not a biggy the place was dead we were the only dinners at 1345 on a hot day. I hesitated but was not disappointed.

My wife had shredded pork and I had the brioch sausage burger and fried egg. Both were priced right cooked right and tasted thoughtfully handmade. We looked at the desert menu but were getting pushed for time. We will definitely be back another lunchtime with a bigger group!

Cathiejs, Owner at The New Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your review and your lovely comments about the decor and food -much appreciated.
We have been open for about 2 months but have had scaffolding up outside until a couple of weeks ago, so even some of the neighbours are only just discovering us. We do tend to be much busier at weekends too. We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully next time there will be some other diners to keep you company!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went last weekend as part of a group of 10. It was my birthday/pre-baby brunch and because there were a few of us I made sure to book beforehand.

I thought it would be rammed as it was a nice day but we were the only people seated inside the restaurant. I was therefore surprised to be told we could not order anything from the brunch menu - apparently they had taken the decision to stop the brunch menu because it was so busy.

This is really disappointing because:
a) the brunch menu accounts for at least half the dishes on offer;
b) I had booked for brunch and no one had rung to say they were stopping their advertised service 3-4 hours early that day;
c) outside of the brunch menu, there was only one veggie option (a burger); and
d) there was no one else in the restaurant! They just weren't that busy.

The waitress then relented and let the veggies order off the brunch menu because they had so little option!

At that point I got up and had a bit of a moan to the management and we were all allowed to order from the brunch menu.

The food itself was very good and the beer selection and coffee was good too. In fact, the peanut cookie/salted caramel dessert was wonderful! Just a shame about the service/disorganisation... I might wait for the initial teething problems to settle down and give them one more go later this summer.

Cathiejs, Owner at The New Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm actually as disappointed as you are that you weren't offered the full menu which you had every right to expect, especially as it meant that were only offering a veggie burger as a vegetarian option. We are aware that we need to work on consistency in all areas,
We are a new restaurant and we know we don't always get things spot on, but we are passionate about it, and we want to exceed expectations, and not the other way around, which was clearly the case in this instance. We are now looking into exactly why breakfast was withdrawn from the menu at that point so that we can establish what the problem was and how we can improve. In the meantime, thank you for your positive comments about the food, which we're still working on too and I hope you'll come back and give us another chance. Best wishes - I hope you enjoyed your birthday and congratulations!