“Very good Goan food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I've ordered from here quite a few times. Today, it was really, really good. Tiger prawn vindaloo is heartily recommended. Lovely lemon coriander rice. And I very much like their mad version of saag paneer with cheddar-type cheese on it. Maybe they've taken on board some of the criticism about slow delivery too, they said 40 mins and it arrived in 30.

The thing about this place, is they are Goan. The Goan specialities like vindaloo, peri-peri, and chilli chicken massalla are reliably good to great. However they seem to struggle to get the North indian stuff right (though I quite like the Jalfrezi). Order the Goan stuff. And definitely don't order dishes from Bangladesh, or from Pakistan like, for example, Bhuna.

1  Thank Rob A

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Ordered a takeaway curry last night, after reading the guardian's review 'the best takeaway outside of India' what a load of rubbish. The food arrived after an hour and 20 mins and was luke warm, I had a chicken balti and it was just bland, no flavor. Being from Birmingham I do have high expectations of curries and was majorly disappointed with this restaurant - definitely will not be visiting here again.

1  Thank Emma D
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I use this place a lot.
Menu is more interesting than the average place in Brighton. Delivery can take a while so I pick up as I live fairly close.. fresh good quality. Can't complain.. recommend

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I and my husband ordered a meal from Nishat Tandoori, the food was fanastic and the staff very friendly. It got a real taste of Goan flavour. We both enjoyed the meal, and we would recommend to any one who want to have indian experience.

1  Thank Constancio D
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

After finding this place, I have never looked back, the food tastes like anything other than generic slop, all the dishes I have tried all taste individual and you can really pick out the herbs and spices.

Occasionally the naan bread is a bit 'doughy' and it would be great if you could order Kingfisher or Cobra beer with your delivery, but otherwise this place keeps me coming back for more!

1  Thank BrightonNick