“Lizbets”

Ranked #502 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a fab meal in The Cow in the seven dials. Friday evening and the place was buzzing with a great atmosphere but the service was great, fast and efficient. They managed to cater for our fussy foodie crowd - two vegetarians included and the food was fabulous. Very good value too. Will definately be going there again!

There are newer reviews for The Cow

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend were in the seven dials area fairly early one saturday morning as we were staying with friends the evening before , waking up we decided to look nearby for a good Ol fashioned fry up to soak up some of the night befores antics. On stumbling upon the cow we were not quite sure what sort of establishment it was but the batman cleaning the table outside was very friendly and welcomed us in, we sat down and sat down and realised we had to order at the bar so off we went I ordered the largest coffee possible which was beautifully made and my girlfriend ordered a nice pot of earl grey, we both order the works a big old English breakfast and sat down, I'd hardly read a few pages of the newspaper which was kindly handed to me by the barman when my breakfast arrived ! Beautifully fried eggs with lovely bright runny yolks,sausage was juicy and full of flavour , bacon was crisp and had the perfect amount of salt content , (you could tell the chef had chose a good butcher) a giant flat mushroom was seasoned and you could tell it had been cooked with r good butter , a lovely grilled tomato and perfectly toasted bread the only thing I will say is that I don't like baked beans but my girlfriend had them :) she also had poached eggs instead of fried which looked yummy . All in all we such a lovely breakfast here , and we would definitely come all the way the other side of hove to try more of the food that they serve here ! well done the cow you have a friend in me :)

1  Thank Bobyouruncl
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great atmosphere, great service and yummy Sunday roast. Don't know where the bad reviews came from as we had a really good experience there and will definitely be going again!

1  Thank TortolaIslandnut
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went for a birthday roast here,wouldn't have been my choice but it wasn't my birthday,haven't been since it was the Tin Drum and was surprised to see the bar had moved,very nice deco and excellent choice of beers(will have to go back just to try more of these).We were a party of 15 but we were seated promptly and drinks were flowing just as quickly,all the roast classics were available,i chose the veggie,being a veggie,and at £9 i was happy when it arrived the portions weren't tight and it had lots of gravy!Didn't try any of the desserts as there was too much beer to drink......overall the food was under priced and very tasty, the service was there when you needed it and the atmosphere was perfect for a Sunday bday roast/drinking session,definitely would recommend

1  Thank simondingdong
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food in 'the cow' is served beautifully, big portions and an imaginative menu. The staff are very friendly and the food is reasonably priced. I would totally recommend this restaurant!

3  Thank BrionyJJ