“Great food - real gem of a place.”
Review of Busby and Wilds

Busby and Wilds
Ranked #108 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Busby and Wilds is a family owned, neighborhood public house, which prides itself on its quality of ingredients; all freshly prepared to order. We have a love of Food and Drink, all at a reasonable price in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Cozy and cool interior. Well executed simple menu. Great management and staff. AMAZING sticky toffee pudding.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We went for the Tuesday burger night. A burger (with chips and coleslaw - both home made) and a drink for £10. The menu for Tuesday evenings is just burgers, as far as I can tell.

I'm a big eater so had the double burger with onion rings on the side. Both had a £3 surcharge. Partner had the spicy burger.

Both meals were excellent. Perfectly cooked chips, fresh crunchy coleslaw, and a soft burger full of different flavours and textures. Home made mayo on the side made it even better. The portion of onion rings was enormous, and the best I've ever had.

All of the above, including 2 pints of ice cold cider and service for £30 - excellent value for such good food in such good surroundings.

Staff as lovely as ever, and toilets spotless.

Will definitely keep returning

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just got back from Sunday lunch here, which my wife kindly bought for us. She ordered roast beef and upon ordering the bar staff (possibly manager) said to her, "you do know it comes pink", rather patronising as how else would one expect beef to come? I ordered roast pork

The food came very quickly indeed and I must say my wife's beef and the shared vegetables were very good. The Yorkshire puds were overcooked and crunchy, not crispy. My pork appeared very chewy and I found this was because it still had the wrapping string attached! I pointed this out to the waitress mentioned above and she mumbled a rather insincere apology. I felt like saying, "rather than offering us a patronising lesson as to how food should be prepared, perhaps we should be doing this to you guys". But of course I merely made a note to not return here for food.

Nicely decorated place with lots of space and sun shining in the windows makes it a good location for a quick bite, but watch out for the lectures and string!

3  Thank Squicker531
Reviewed May 31, 2014

After last weeks disappointment, we met some friends at this wonderful Kemp Town brasserie with no expectations. I made a bit of a mistake by mistaking complete strangers for my friends and nearly sat down at their table. This place is exactly as a bar should be, great wines, candles on table, painted wooden panels, and lots of people with friend chatting away giving this place a real buzz about it, I ordered asparagus for starters with crushed walnuts, which was goos but my partner ordered pork terrine it was sublime huge chunks of perfectly cooked pork in a moist pate. We both had steak which was over cooked to a good medium rather than medium rare, but still was tasty and wholesome, the homegrown chunky chips with skins on were divine as was the caesar salad with a delcious dressing. Good price too, I'll be back and this could be my new regular place to eat. Service was lovely too, with a smile!

3  Thank Laineydesanvito
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Only in Brighton sometimes these days, and with the weather being wet decided against a walk to our usual haunts and instead to investigate what was on our doorstep. Have ignored this place in the past - it used to be a not very nice pub, then a pub/eaterie but with rather ott kitsch interior. However, It changed hands 15 months ago, has benefited from being restyled inside - is nicely painted in contemporary greys, slight shabby/chic furnishing and a very warm welcome from the landlady Emily. Now more a cross between a pub and a relaxed restaurant. We went on a Thursday when it is burger night - gourmet burger night it turned out. Beef/Pork or Bean all homemade, high quality and very well presented. The best I've eaten in a very very long time. Excellent value too. The menu changes the rest of the week and Sunday lunches are also served. If the food the rest of the week is anything like we had it will be well worth a return visit. Looks set to be a firm favorite when we are in town. Dog and child friendly too.

1  Thank sessoriana