Open today: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Throwing workshop!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Dan M
Manchester, Vermont
Really great fun - whatever your age!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Hugo E

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Brighton
from $19.80
from $34.30
from $46.20
from $99.00
More Info
All reviews downstairs area explained everything great fun lovely ladies few hours hen party lovely atmosphere activity glaze kiln session filming therapeutic mementos clay footprints skull
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful opportunity to try something new under patient tutelage! The workshop leader was really patient and explained everything clearly so I never felt lost! The space is nice and open too, really chilled ambience! Would recommend x

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I went on a Saturday morning and had the best time (you don’t have to be a child to enjoy this). It was fun, affordable and the two bowls we painted came out really nicely - would definitely recommend

1  Thank Hugo E
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My other half and I decided last minute that we’d like to do something different with our Sunday and came up with visiting the Painting Pottery Cafe - it was perfect! A really therapeutic and enjoyable few hours with friendly staff (who were attentive and helpful without being annoying) and the perfect cup of tea (I just wish I’d had room for cake). Will definitely be going back!

1  Thank IWJones
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful day! Spent at least 6 hours in the cafethe staff are lovelya great activity for a rainy day or if you’ve missed a morning lecture... x

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Wonderfully friendly and relaxed atmosphere with loads of affordable options for fun pottery painting.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

My partner and I really enjoyed it here. We used acrylic to paint so we could take them with us straight away as we're not local. The girls working there were lovely and explained everything well. Nice atmosphere and a souvenir to take away!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

My 9 year old grandson loved picking an item to paint and deciding on all the colours. We spent a relaxed hour and half here which was well needed after trotting round Brighton all day. He picked a Nemo fish ornament since we had just visited the aquarium and the cafe is arranging to have this posted on once fired to his great Nan & Pop for a present. Staff were loverly and really glad we managed to find time on our trip to Brighton to visit.

1  Thank Sara L
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I got the taster throwing session as a gift for my birthday - such a great gift! Nothing more satisfying than turning a bit of clay into a pot, or in our case, something that somewhat resembles a pot - the staff we really helpful, friendly and we never felt rushed, even when we couldn’t decide how to paint our pots (the hardest part of the whole process!) The cafe is bright, open and we had a lot of fun. Definitely will be back to paint, and to make more pottery. Thanks :D

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Myself (25) and my brother (who is 23 and Autistic) came to the cafe on 14/8/18 for the morning. The girls in here are absolute stars! All of them were so friendly and eager to help: they explained the instructions for painting the pottery so clearly, and demonstrated clearly how the colours can change between painting and firing (see my photos for examples of our pottery!)
Not only this, they were chatty with my brother, always polite and accommodating too! I also feel everything is priced incredibly fairly for the experience and for the end result; we couldn’t be more pleased with how our pot and plate have come out! (See our photos!)
As we were visiting for the week, I told the girls that we would be leaving midday Friday (originally the turn around time would have been one week). They managed to have everything ready by Friday on request which was astonishing and very much appreciated!
I cannot express how much we enjoyed this activity, and I really hope I can come back soon on another trip to Brighton! Wish I was nearer so I could come in more regularly!

1  Thank Vicky M
PaintingPotteryCafe, Owner at The Painting Pottery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Thank you Vicky - what a lovely review and I will pass on your comments to the team. I agree that they are all stars! We pride ourselves on making sure everyone has the opportunity to be creative. Happy we could provide some great shared memories of Brighton.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We came here for a hen party activity and loved the range of items available. It was very relaxed, we didn't feel rushed and the staff were so friendly and helpful. It was great to have a go and making some pots too! Highly recommend for groups of friends and families.

PaintingPotteryCafe, Owner at The Painting Pottery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We love sharing our little creative bubble in Brighton. Hope to see you again next time you are in Brighton.