“Fun activity for Couples”

The Painting Pottery Cafe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are just a short walk from the train Station, in the North Laine area of Brighton. We love to help individuals or groups spend an hour or two in our fun creative environment. You can choose from 100s of ceramic items to paint or try your hand at throwing a pot. Everyone, no matter their age or ability, enjoys their experience and has something handmade and unique to show for it. If you are not local then we can post your items or you can use acrylic paints for decorative pieces and take away the same day. We also hold exhibitions from local makers and artists. Booking advisable.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Spent a weekend break in Brighton with my boyfriend for our anniversary. I have painted pottery before in the States and wanted him to experience it as well. Luckily we walked right pass the cafe. It was a bit rainy so we got to spend a few hours indoors although it was a bit chilly sitting near the door. I didn't catch her name, but the staff was accommodating since we did not book ahead. They were very friendly in explaining the different techniques and even offered beverages and sweets while we painted. Towards the end I had to ask about the firing process as I overheard a date given to another customer. It would have been nice to know that we weren't going to be able to take our pieces home the same day (as I was used to). And I checked on the website when I got home to find they offered acrylic painting for same day finish. Nevertheless they were able to post them to us. Overall a great experience for us, as he had a great time! Thank you ladies!

PaintingPotteryCafe, Owner at The Painting Pottery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience. I hope your items didn’t take long in the post .

We had a lovely day that day, albeit a busy one. We are making posters as we speak so that customers will see that we have acrylics on offer, so if oldies like me forget to mention them, there will be more information available.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Came to Brighton on a girlie day and booked here to start our day. It was lovely, you can take your own drink and they really look after you. We were downstairs which was a bit chilly. Would have been nice if they had the heaters on before we arrived. Pottery is nice and there are all sorts of things to choose from however I think maybe priced a little high which limits the number of things you make. Overall though a really nice experience Hazel was very patient with a group of tiddly ladies. would definitely come again.

PaintingPotteryCafe, Owner at The Painting Pottery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments and really happy you enjoyed your visit. We certainly need to work out how to use the timers on our radiators! Apologies for that.