“Hour wait, sh*t plate”

Reserve a Table
DesignMyNight
Ranked #431 of 1,434 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Magnificent pub and microbrewery at the heart of Brighton's North Laine
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We waited an hour for food, when there only seemed to be 5 tables in the restaurant. I had the vegetarian dish which could be better described as gravel in pastry. It was completely flavourless and had a crumbly, unsatisfying texture. With a mere drizzle of gravy covering the plate, I had to ask for more. Would discourage anyone from eating at North Laine.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (211)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Never been so such a disappointing bottomless brunch. How they can advertise it as a boozy brunch I have no idea, the ‘mimosa’ is a jug of cheap orange juice, you could not detect any Prosecco what so ever the drink was completely flat. We had to buy additional bottles of Prosecco to top our drinks up just so they were drinkable. Having already paid £27.50 per head for our alcohol we were pretty pissed off. The food wasn’t great and the attitude of the miserable staff was ever worse. I would avoid this venue at all costs it is a complete rip off.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2019

We have been coming to The North Lane Bottles Brunch for a few years now and used to absolutely love it.

The food is still very good and Alfie is amazing and HILARIOUS every single time.

However the drinks have gone way way down hill. On our most recent visit the Carafe of 'mimosa' had so little Prosecco and so much Orange Juice in it it was actually flat. Originally we thought this was just the first one but it was the same all day. By the 3rd or 4th the whole party felt sick, as probably anybody would after drinking multiple glasses of pure orange juice.

The drinks used to be so much better, and actually contain alcohol which along with Alfie is what kept us coming back but unfortunately we probably won't return again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

Saturday brunch with Alfie, firstly, considering the food is included in the bottomless brunch deal made me think the food would be big standard- I was wrong. The food is lovely and cooked beautifully and brought out timely (10 dishes at once so the whole party had their food together).
Best thing about the whole this was Alfie. He was amazing. I would have paid the £25 just to see him perform again. He was everything you wanted in a drag act, fun, bitchiness, singing and dancing. I’ve already convinced my boyfriend to come with me next week!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 16, 2019

Lots of choice of beers , and all brewed in house which is great . Food wise I had the chicken burger with chips , was ok but for an expensive £12.50, I expected something special as chicken was a bit dry . Service was good. Also nice and clean .

Date of visit: June 2019