“Rubbish!”

Order Online
Ranked #73 of 157 Quick Bites in Brighton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Used to be a fan of their food, especially the Chicken Katsu but it’s gone down hill big time. Horrible quality, fatty. Meat quality poor, what happened to chicken breast and good quality food??? Won’t be eating here again. Yuck!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (168)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ordered take away Katsu Curry terrible poor quality chicken, overpriced for cheap ingredient. Used to use chicken breast, now awful cheap chicken thighs and greasy. Will not frequent or order from this place again.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

I’ve seen a few reviews complaining about the atmosphere of Kokoro, or the quality of food. But personally, I like the atmosphere there, and find the quality of food to be quite good, and trust me, I would know, since I go there so often I might as well set camp there. Yes, it hasn’t got aesthetically pleasing decor, but it has got friendly staff, lots of seating, and chicken gyozas (and any restaurant that has chicken gyozas is great in my books). Kokoro isn’t trying to be ‘The Araki’ (an uptown sushi restaurant in London) it’s trying to be ‘Kokoro’; a casual and reliable place where you can go and get sushi and relax, and frankly, I like it.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 7, 2019

Cold. Stale. Greasy. Just walk up the road to Itsu for much better choice and fresher food. I hated, hated, hated this. I was hungry and left most of my food, it was that bad. Never again.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank DoctorOtter
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I’m honestly amazed by some of the 1 Star reviews here. Kokoro is effectively Japanese fast food, all of which is delicious. I regularly visit having Katsu Chicken Curry, Sweet & Chilli Chicken or the Spicy Tofu for our veggie friends. All of which is served with rice or noodles. It’s all delicious and is what you’d expect for £6-7.

Date of visit: May 2019