“One of the biggest little gems in Brighton”

Julien Plumart Boutique
Ranked #5 of 14 Bakeries in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Exquisite French Patisserie Boutique serving cakes, award-winning macarons and confectionary. We only use the finest ingredients to create beautiful and delicious cakes along with 18 sumptuous flavours of macarons. Come and try our surprise flavour too! Gorgeous birthday cake available daily. Bespoke celebration & wedding cake made to order. Macarons tower and favours also available.
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Found this place by accident, even though I live here. Glad I did because this wee place is something special. Presentation of food here is superb, this is coupled with excellent customer service. I can't comment on the sandwiches etc as we only ate cake but boy was it something special. Coffee here is great too.
I think I have found my regular piece of naughty heaven.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Found this by accident on my weekend trip and had not yet tried a 'proper' macaron (M&S doesn't count). A very funny and entertaining (french?) gentleman was in charge on Saturday and gave us a menu of all the flavours. I bought just the one to try (£1.45) and decided on a salted caramel. It was delicious! I went back on Sunday before I came home and bought 6 more in 3 flavours. There were about 24 flavours to chose from memory, ranging from vanilla, pistachio, grapefruit & schezuan pepper to lavender toffee .... enough variety to suit everyone, providing you like macarons! The shop is on Duke Steet, a few shops down from choccywoccydodah, accessible fom the Lanes or West Street.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We walked in to a room of pure delight! The staff were fantastic and we ended up buying a box of macaroons and also staying for a cake and a drink. The home made lemonade was perfect in the heat and the cakes... well you just need to see for yourself!
Some people say on here that they are 'too expensive' my answer to them would be... if you want 2 cakes for a £1 then pop to tesco. If u want gorgeous delicate and delicious patisserie desserts served with chocolate curls and home made ice cream in a beautiful location served by friendly staff who clearly take pride in where they work... then sit down and pay the £4 and savour the experience.
People forget that everything has a price tag, but here you definitely get what you pay for.

1  Thank -1986tina-
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Julien Plumart is a must when in Brighton, for a tea, coffee, cake or sandwich. Everything is served to perfection and the staff are friendly, and on hand to answer questions, give advice or allow you to sample. Though we haven't tried everything on offer what we did try was perfect. We met friends who we left to try the delights while we shopped, when we came back they were also hooked.

Unfortunately finding this has made it impossible not to go to everytime we are in Brighton and want to enjoy a lite bite to eat, in a beautiful surrounding to people watch.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Came across this unique establishment on an overnight trip to Brighton. It is a little expensive but like all good things in life you get what you pay for. The staff, food, and premises were top quality. Staff were friendly, helpful and willing to spend time providing advice not only about the menu but also the local sights etc. the food was well presented and lived up to expectations. This is the quirky bit, it was so pleasing to go to a busy cafe and use toilets that were pristine clean. Top marks Julien Plumart and good luck