“Laugh, I nearly bought a round!”
Review of Komedia Brighton

Komedia Brighton
More attraction details
Owner description: Winner of the Chortle Award an unprecedented 14 times for best venue in the South, including 2017. Brighton's premier live entertainment venue presents one of the largest, most diverse arts and entertainment programmes in the UK. Every year we put on around 700 performances of comedy, music, cabaret and kids shows. We're also home to several of Brighton's most popular club nights. All taking place under one roof, Komedia incorporates two exciting, unique performance spaces with flexible set-ups and a kitchen serving freshly prepared food at most seated shows. Our programme includes a unique range of Komedia-grown resident shows such as the Krater Comedy Club, Comic Boom and Bent Double
St Albans
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Laugh, I nearly bought a round!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was a last minute impulse visit but so glad we went. If you are PC this is not the place to go but if you want a bloody good laugh at a decent entry price thuis is highly recommended.

Visited January 2013

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Good show”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went in March 2012 and the acts we saw and the host, were all really funny and had us laughing throughout the whole show.

I didnt particularly like the food and it does make you feel very closed in and cramped, alot of people squashed onto the small tables although we did get one of the better seat along the far left hand wall. We were first in so got a pick of the seats but werent keen on sitting at the front as we didnt want to get "picked on" haha.

If you want a good laugh then its definitley worth trying out :)

Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great show, excellent staff.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've been to the Komedia several times and always had a great time. Last night was excellent as well. There were some drunk idiots sat in front of myself and my wife (anniversary night out) talking during the first act, getting up every few minutes bumping us and generally getting in the way... The staff handled it brilliantly and ended up removing them. The staff were extremely apologetic and even gave us a free drink. It's rare to get that kind of customer service these days and it was greatly appreciated.
The show itself, (3 comedians and a compare) was excellent. There is a short break between each act which is great for a toilet break or to get another drink. At £16 per ticket I think it's great value for money. I have eaten there before and the food was OK. Definitely recommended.

Luton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Komedia comedy Brighton”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

we went to Komedia comedy club in Brighton on 15th Sept 2012 .
I wont be rushing back there.
although we found the comedians really quite funny.
we couldn't wait for them to finish so we could get out of there .
we felt like cattle. there was 8 of us we were crammed onto a table only big enough for 6 really.
there seemed to be far to many people in there.
it was rammed. you could just about squeeze by the other tables.
you wouldn't want to be trying to get out of there in a hurry.
with all those people together the room was really hot.
there was little or no air conditioning.
if you are claustrophobic i would not go in there.
many people were wafting the menus in there faces trying to keep cool.
it was a very uncomfortable close atmosphere .
unfortunately the food was also poor. with cheap quality beef burgers.
we ordered a couple of 4 pint jugs of kronenberg I was out voted by my friends on this as I find
kronenberg a bit to strong for my liking .
when we tasted the kronenberg it didn't taste like any kronenberg I had tasted before .
it tasted just like the cheaper weaker lagers,
which suited me actually.
we couldn't be bothered to complain because of the queues at the bar.
when we left the Komedia club we went to a pub near by.
a couple of my friends ordered a pint of kronenberg I tasted it and it didn't taste anything like the kronenberg we were given at the Komedia club we came to the conclusion
that the Komedia club had either watered down there kronenberg or the wrong kegs had been connected to the wrong pumps.
not one of my best nights eating cheap quality beef burgers. sweating profusely and paying for watered down larger

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Beer, good food and loads of laughs”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

An altogether brilliant night at the Komedia in Brighton.
Great compare and stand up comics were partnered by very tasty, simple food and washed down by juggs of cold beer.
A must for comedy lovers.