“Great BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was suprised how good the bbq was you would never guess from the outside,i had ribs and the chicken with sides this was the best bbq ive had in the uk i would 100% go again i used to think bodeans in soho was the best but now BBQ shack holds that crown

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Firstly, it's a pub. Not the best pub in the world or one I frequent.
Having said that, if you're out and about having a few drinks and need meat sustainance to continue drinking then can I just say "this is the place to go to". London Road isn't exactly the jewel of Brighton but the meat in this place is bloody tasty.
Its on your way in or out of Brighton. If you live in Brighton you might not fancy venturing over but I think London Road is beginning to see some much needed change.
Check it out.

out

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Had the most delicious meat here in the past, the chilli is the best i've ever had but it's not on the menu anymore. Got a burrito last week and the salsa, guac and sour cream were clearly from a jar. Firstly, it was technically not a burrito as it was only beef and (too much) rice in the tortilla with sauces on the side, secondly i expect home made sauces in a place where so much effort has gone into delicious meats.
Also i don't enjoy loud football when i'm eating.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest meals I've had in a long time. Massive portions do make sure you are very hungry! Quality food too. I had the brisket which was melt in the mouth and my daughter had pulled pork quesidillas which were yum as well. Very good value too. 2 mains and sides with wine and a pint was 27 quid. We had been to nandos the nite before and it was more expensive for the same sort of thing( not a patch on it food wise) highly recommend and quirky surroundings too.

1  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My business partner and I had sought this place out following relatively recent publicity and whilst we were working in Brighton for the week. I love a BBQ and to think I was to taste proper cooked food in the Shack was a planned part of the week. Care: the Shack does not open on Monday evenings! Not being beaten by that discovery we tried again on a Thursday evening relatively early.

There was an interesting mix of clientele around and it may not be located in the best part of Brighton but the food was worth it. I ventured to try the ODB - a large burger with pulled pork and chorizo sausages - oh there was a bun there somewhere as well, which I had to move aside. My business partner had a full plate of pulled pork and beef brisket - absolutely looked and according to him tasted fantastic. As for mine I struggled to work my way through it but was successful - the flavours combined well and the meat was tender and juicy. Not sure I'd go for this again as I couldn't eat a thing for at least 24 hours.
The local ale washed down the meal well. Service was efficient and friendly. It is worth a visit.