“You like meat? Then check this place out.”

BBQ Shack at The World's End Pub
Ranked #367 of 1,139 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brighton
“You like meat? Then check this place out.”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, it's a pub. Not the best pub in the world or one I frequent.
Having said that, if you're out and about having a few drinks and need meat sustainance to continue drinking then can I just say "this is the place to go to". London Road isn't exactly the jewel of Brighton but the meat in this place is bloody tasty.
Its on your way in or out of Brighton. If you live in Brighton you might not fancy venturing over but I think London Road is beginning to see some much needed change.
Check it out.

out

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“hit and miss”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Had the most delicious meat here in the past, the chilli is the best i've ever had but it's not on the menu anymore. Got a burrito last week and the salsa, guac and sour cream were clearly from a jar. Firstly, it was technically not a burrito as it was only beef and (too much) rice in the tortilla with sauces on the side, secondly i expect home made sauces in a place where so much effort has gone into delicious meats.
Also i don't enjoy loud football when i'm eating.

• Visited December 2013
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Food glorious food!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest meals I've had in a long time. Massive portions do make sure you are very hungry! Quality food too. I had the brisket which was melt in the mouth and my daughter had pulled pork quesidillas which were yum as well. Very good value too. 2 mains and sides with wine and a pint was 27 quid. We had been to nandos the nite before and it was more expensive for the same sort of thing( not a patch on it food wise) highly recommend and quirky surroundings too.

1 Thank Elaine B
London, United Kingdom
“Oh my god, I thought I'd entered a man vs food competition!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My business partner and I had sought this place out following relatively recent publicity and whilst we were working in Brighton for the week. I love a BBQ and to think I was to taste proper cooked food in the Shack was a planned part of the week. Care: the Shack does not open on Monday evenings! Not being beaten by that discovery we tried again on a Thursday evening relatively early.

There was an interesting mix of clientele around and it may not be located in the best part of Brighton but the food was worth it. I ventured to try the ODB - a large burger with pulled pork and chorizo sausages - oh there was a bun there somewhere as well, which I had to move aside. My business partner had a full plate of pulled pork and beef brisket - absolutely looked and according to him tasted fantastic. As for mine I struggled to work my way through it but was successful - the flavours combined well and the meat was tender and juicy. Not sure I'd go for this again as I couldn't eat a thing for at least 24 hours.
The local ale washed down the meal well. Service was efficient and friendly. It is worth a visit.

• Visited November 2013
Chichester
“Best burger ever”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I eat a lot but that was a challenge! Massive burger amazing pulled pork! Well done haha highly recommend this place to anyone going Brighton !

• Visited November 2013