“Tasty food, friendly staff, central location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vinos y Tapas Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Vinos y Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Good for: Bar scene
Description: We have just re-opened our doors to the public under new owner-ship. We have a new menu and currently offering Spanish tapas with a Latin twist! We don't want to just offer traditional Spanish tapas... So we have added Latin American tapas like no other place in Sussex! So come and give us a try and I can assure you will not be disappointed. You will find a very friendly staff as it is a family business and we are here ourselves!
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, friendly staff, central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very nice place, food is absolutely amazing, we've ordered a variety of tapas and shared with each other. I recommend flamed chorizo skewers. Will go there again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent tapas in small, friendly bar / restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall, this restaurant is good with tasty tapas served at a good temperature (I often find it too tepid in other tapas restaurants). The staff are friendly and attentive. Only let down when I went was that a number of the wines and food items weren't available which was odd for early in the evening. That aside, I'd go back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank BiggestHank
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Muy bien”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Absolutely outstanding. Very traditional inside with good Hispanic gave off a fantastic atmosphere.

Patatas bravas was a particular highlight. Superb variety of wines for all pallets. If you're out and about in Brighton this place is a must.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jonathon W
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Authentic tapas for British people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The guy who said "the brave are only potatoes and spiced tomato sauce" made me laugh. Because authentic Bravas are just like that.
I hate the idea that if you mouth don't smell like garlic the food is not good.
The Mediterranean diet is not only for garlic-addict.
This food is not fast food and I know that all kind of food have to adapt to its British consumers... but if you want some authentic Spanish tapas, and this food maybe is not as you think spanish food have to be, it is only because you have no idea about it & you are not the chef.
If someone really wants to enjoy about the food I think is necessary be an openminded person and leave the ignorance at house.
The only aspect that is able to improve is the illumination and the marketing for be a famous bistro because is a nice place for quiet people and for have a romantic dinner.
You can't get more quality with less money in Brighton.

Ajo y agua para el guiri exquisito

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SaturdayMorning
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A proper Spanish restaurant (as the ones you can find in Spain)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just pop in yesterday night with some friends to "Vinos y Tapas" and I have to say is excellent!.When my friends suggested to go I was a bit reluctant because so far I have not seen a proper Spanish Bar with the same atmosphere as the ones you can find for example where I am from such as in Malaga or Granada.
I have to say that the decoration is fantastic. Secondly thanks to the chef because his culinary skills are brilliant. And the waiter was so nice and smiley all the time and very attentive.
I do not have any doubt to recommend this place and for sure I would come back again but next time with my boyfriend (who is English) and try to immerse in the Spanish culture hehehe

• Visited May 2013